• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WALKING DEAD: THE DARYL YEARS (2019)

10 posts in this topic

The next season of The Walking Dead will be embracing a Brave New World in Season Nine, as Andrew Lincoln is going to be leaving the series for good.

While Rick Grimes' journey through the zombie apocalypse will be at its end, the AMC series will continue with Daryl Dixon stepping into the spotlight. Us Weekly just reported that actor Norman Reedus is getting a pay raise to become the lead of the series, getting $20 million to stay on the series.

Reedus is one of the original cast members of the series and one of the few popular characters without a counterpart in the source material of Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard's comic books. Daryl Dixon has become a fan favorite on the show, and is likely to be one of the only fixtures remaining from the first few seasons of the series.

This could prove to be a blessing for new show-runner Angela Kang, who is taking over duties from Scott Gimple for Season Nine.

Lauren Cohan (Maggie) may be moving on as well.

"Lincoln isn't the only cast member whose future with the show has been in flux. Lauren Cohan, who plays Maggie, recently landed "Whiskey Cavalier," a new series on ABC opposite Scott Foley premiering during the Fall midseason. She is confirmed to appear in Season 9, though."

That's going to be the final nail in this dusty ol coffin. As a show I use to love and look forward to I'm not watching Daryl sweat with closeups of his weasel face moving on. Dump your WD's #1 now! Don't say I didn't warn you. Dump them around episode 5.

18 minutes ago, retrocomics said:

That's going to be the final nail in this dusty ol coffin. As a show I use to love and look forward to I'm not watching Daryl sweat with closeups of his weasel face moving on. Dump your WD's #1 now! Don't say I didn't warn you. Dump them around episode 5.

too late.

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

too late.

Maybe. Just think that is the absolute latest time to break even just before they kill or banish Rick off the show. Interest will be peaked for the last time. Rick has become pretty annoying on the show but he's the last thread of interest to keep the show moving just because he's been there from the start.

13 hours ago, Red84 said:

Will Fred Savage be doing the voice over narration for the Darryl Years?

(Someone put this show out of its misery already.)

bob saget

Bad move bumping Daryl up to the top. He was all about mystique, short in dialogue and not overly used in scenes. Some people really didn't like Rick Grimes, the character, as a leader or Andrew Lincoln's sometimes overly dramatic acting and expressions, but this was his show. It was all about Rick and everything that sprung from his world. I may be surprised, but my thinking is that season 9 will be the last.