• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lake Effect Comic book Show - Cleveland, Sunday, 24 June 2018
2 2

48 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Looking over your haul from the Con I do have to wonder how you priced some of those books.  The Marvel Mystery didn't have a similar copy sold in a few years so you can pretty much throw out all previous data.  I'm use to dealing with books with 20 - 50 copies sold over the last 12 months.

It wasn't really about the price, it was about the "want" - I have MMC13, 15, 16 & 17 so that 14 shored up a nice little run :) I was actually shocked when I saw it on the wall and was glad I did the trade when I did as another collector was asking about the book just as we were shaking hands.

Since I knew what I paid for the others, that one was "in the range" I was willing to go for. Again, I tried to make sure Steve got a good deal as well as I want to make sure the dealers come back next year.

Same thing with higher grade PHM books - often no data for several years so I just sorta extrapolate a price point based on census data, GPA and auction houses. As a collector, I probably paid a little more than FMV on a few occasions. As the books I pursue get older, there's often limited data and I just try spend what I am comfortable with.

Quick shout out to a boardie I was talking to about the PHM books - I am so sorry but I forgot your board name, please help an old man's memory as its driving me crazy. You knew my handle and I should have paid more attention when you told me yours - my bad.

-bc

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Did you hit up the Harper show in Akron?  Same group of sellers?

Yes, I did and yes, mostly the same ones you see at his shows. Still found some good stuff. I heard a couple say they were at both.

41 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, I did and yes, mostly the same ones you see at his shows. Still found some good stuff. I heard a couple say they were at both.

Yea - if I would have not had family plans I would have checked out both since it was only 45 minutes away from each other.  There always is good stuff to be found at any comic con in our area - just takes a bit of looking.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, bc said:

Quick shout out to a boardie I was talking to about the PHM books - I am so sorry but I forgot your board name, please help an old man's memory as its driving me crazy. You knew my handle and I should have paid more attention when you told me yours - my bad.

-bc

Nice meeting you bc, as soon as you mentioned you had just completed the entire PHM series I knew you had to be the guy from the boards!  I've been following your progression until you reached your goal....great job!

Peace :cool:

James

16 hours ago, Qtr milerocket said:

Nice meeting you bc, as soon as you mentioned you had just completed the entire PHM series I knew you had to be the guy from the boards!  I've been following your progression until you reached your goal....great job!

James

Thanks James!

Pleasure to meet you and will keep an eye out for you at this summers cons.

Hope you are stayin' cool this weekend!

-bc

On 6/29/2018 at 7:52 PM, Qtr milerocket said:

James

65th post.  Moving up the post count charts I see!

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, bc said:

Thanks James!

Pleasure to meet you and will keep an eye out for you at this summers cons.

Hope you are stayin' cool this weekend!

-bc

No problem bc! 

Great meeting you also and I'll do the same

Definitely staying cool as much as possible!

11 hours ago, 1Cool said:

65th post.  Moving up the post count charts I see!

Slowly but surely

Peace :cool:

James