• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Who Is Next #5 Jan. 1953 "Classic Toth"

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. It has once again been a long time since I have been on the boards. I have been a registered member for over 13 years, and have sold tens of thousands of dollars of books to members on and off the boards. I used to own some of the nicest pre-codes in the hobby, and a lot of them may now be in your permanent collection. If you need references for me as a seller, all you have to do is ask. I am in the process of selling all of the books that I have remaining. Life, pet medical expenses, ect have made it necessary to do so.  It may take a while, but I need to get some things going as of now.  

The first book I am offering is a classic. Who Is Next #5 from Standard Comics, circa January of 1953. It contains the classic Alex Toth story, "The Crushed Gardenia", which is my favorite Toth story. I purchased this copy raw off of ebay about 12 years ago or so. This book does not come up for sale often. I have graded it as a 3.5, maybe 4.0, with exceptional cover gloss. There a couple of tears on the back cover top staple, but both staples are secure. There is some corner loss on the top left back cover. Pages are off white. The book presents exceptionally well for the grade. I have a friend who is a board member, and one of the biggest dealers in the southeast, who wants to buy the book. However, he suggested that I try it on here first as he thinks I could get more along the lines of what it is truly worth. If it does not sell, it will go to him. So, here is your chance. If this is a pre-code book you have always wanted, be the first one to say you want it.  

My price is 475.00, and I will cover shipping in the lower 48.  Paypal is preferred, but I will accept a check or money order as well.

I have an old scan from a scanner that no longer works, and I have three photos from my phone.  Please let me know if you have any questions. It has been a while since I have sold, so if I have missed anything, just tell me and I will edit my listing.  

Thanks a lot, 

Scott

WhoIsNext5new_zps13b8c82f.jpg

20180605_203805.jpg

20180605_203656.jpg

20180605_203725.jpg

3 minutes ago, Wrightson fan said:

Hello everyone. It has once again been a long time since I have been on the boards. I have been a registered member for over 13 years, and have sold tens of thousands of dollars of books to members on and off the boards. I used to own some of the nicest pre-codes in the hobby, and a lot of them may now be in your permanent collection. If you need references for me as a seller, all you have to do is ask. I am in the process of selling all of the books that I have remaining. Life, pet medical expenses, ect have made it necessary to do so.  It may take a while, but I need to get some things going as of now.  

The first book I am offering is a classic. Who Is Next #5 from Standard Comics, circa January of 1953. It contains the classic Alex Toth story, "The Crushed Gardenia", which is my favorite Toth story. I purchased this copy raw off of ebay about 12 years ago or so. This book does not come up for sale often. I have graded it as a 3.5, maybe 4.0, with exceptional cover gloss. There a couple of tears on the back cover top staple, but both staples are secure. There is some corner loss on the top left back cover. Pages are off white. The book presents exceptionally well for the grade. I have a friend who is a board member, and one of the biggest dealers in the southeast, who wants to buy the book. However, he suggested that I try it on here first as he thinks I could get more along the lines of what it is truly worth. If it does not sell, it will go to him. So, here is your chance. If this is a pre-code book you have always wanted, be the first one to say you want it.  

My price is 475.00, and I will cover shipping in the lower 48.  Paypal is preferred, but I will accept a check or money order as well.

I have an old scan from a scanner that no longer works, and I have three photos from my phone.  Please let me know if you have any questions. It has been a while since I have sold, so if I have missed anything, just tell me and I will edit my listing.  

Thanks a lot, 

Scott

WhoIsNext5new_zps13b8c82f.jpg

20180605_203805.jpg

20180605_203656.jpg

20180605_203725.jpg

take