• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The grade is in! I hate these 70's square bound marvels... PGM MSH13
1 1

23 posts in this topic

You can dry clean back cvr near spine with white eraser.  If you go to left edge though be careful you can pull off a corner easy.

2 hours ago, kav said:

You can dry clean back cvr near spine with white eraser.  If you go to left edge though be careful you can pull off a corner easy.

Thank you!  I am going to look into pressing it and cleaning, but again with these square bounds it scares me.

42 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Was thinking 8.0 also.  Nice copy

Thank you! If this thing comes in at 8 I hit a home run!

28 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Agree with 8...be careful if you choose to press have a pro do it.   

Yea already nervous about it, there is a guy in Brooklyn that is supposed to be real good I sent him an Email last week about going to see him, hopefully he gets back to me

11 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Thank you!  I am going to look into pressing it and cleaning, but again with these square bounds it scares me.

Thank you! If this thing comes in at 8 I hit a home run!

Yea already nervous about it, there is a guy in Brooklyn that is supposed to be real good I sent him an Email last week about going to see him, hopefully he gets back to me

I use Mike Dechillis at Hero Restoration and I have purchased bound books pressed by @joeypost

2 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

TY... so word on the street is you are a master presser.... if this is something you do for others, PM me let's chat.

Joey is too busy - you need to PM him lol

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, Jerkfro said:

Does anyone know how CGC treats the staple poke through on these squarebounds? Defect that lowers the grade or production related?

IMG_9471.jpg.88e98d40372d681f14efd3abd84

I'm saying this in all seriousness---it depends on the severity of the poke. This particular poke isn't bad at all...very minor. This book looks like a nice solid VF to me...nice pickup! 

Edited by The Lions Den