• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 3
5 5

220 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, SpideyFein said:

I’ve been off too. I’m still waiting for a rainbow and a double bullseye. 

I'm trying not to get too depressed.  I've never lost a karate bout but I imagine it feels something like this.

30 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

I guessed 3.0 and 8.0.

At least i seem to be under grading these time around... until next time, of course.

Same, Same. 

Too many color breaking spine ticks and soiling on the front cover I down graded the Batman #200.  Very nice book however for a pseudo 9.0. :whistle:

Just now, 01TheDude said:

Cobra Kai was very entertaining- they did a great job producing that one on the YouTube channel. There is another show as well I watched on there recently that was also very good-- Impulse.

It had similar elements to breaking bad in the way scenes and especially the opening scenes were presented.  wonder if same dude worked on both.

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

I had 3.0 on the #100, but second-guessed my way to a 2.5. Looked pretty ruff.

So on the #200, it looked like there was a small color-breaking crease or welt on Robin, but I can't see any trace of it in the new photo just posted. I guess it was a scuff on the case or something?  ???

I saw that "scuff" too and thought it breaks the color if its a crease, should bring the book down to an 8 but on the other hand if its glare or a scratch on the case...i went back and forth on it for hours. Now I don't see it at all. Am I going MAD!? Hehehe hohoho?

8 minutes ago, kav said:

This is what I had to do tonight to recover from the trauma-order a pizza:

I hope greenham is proud of himself.

35401680_999676590206084_5784374654747541504_n.jpg

I would have been proud if that were a veggie pizza. :preach: 

Man I'm going backwards undergrading most of the books...except Batman 100 which I give it a bit of a bump to a 4.5 cause it's oldish, but I was thinking originally about a 3.0. I still don't see how the #200 is a 9.0 maybe it looks better in hand. Gonna need to turn it around soon.

Fyov32U.gif

Edited by FutureFlash

I got a bullseye on the Batman 100. I think it's really around a 2.0, but I knew CGC would overgrade it. I even thought the cover might have been detached from the book judging by the back cover scan. Gave the 200 an 8.5. I also thought that Robin's leg was scuffed.

Bullseye on the #100 after I gave it a CGC 'bump'. Noticed the scratch on the #200 but was pretty certain it was on the case. So thought it looked like a 9.0 but gave it another bump and missed by one grade. Swings & roundabouts.

Overall, very happy with this round. Worryingly, I think thirdgreenham wasn't telling porkies when he said this was the easy round. :whatthe: