• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

INVINCIBLE Animated Series - Amazon (??)
2 2

170 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the episode, but...

Spoiler

A couple of things don't make sense:  1) Atom Eve's powers - she can manipulate matter in practically whatever way she wants, so why didn't she turn the Martian's ship into glass or liquid or something where the creatures were dead in space?  2) Invincible got the beat out of him in the previous episode and was told to go back to Earth and get it ready for the Vultrumites.   It took 2 months to recover from the beating and for the insectoids to build a ship capable of getting him back to Earth.  So, when he was told he could finally leave, he was reluctant.  Ok so maybe he's scared of the choice the Vultrumite's gave him but still you would think he'd want to get back to his mom and girlfriend asap just to see them and warn people.  But even when he was back, there was no mention of this impending invasion.

I finally got around to watching season 2 after at least a year after I watched season 1 - it's just not grabbing me the same way. I'm going to try and work through a few more episodes.

On 3/16/2024 at 2:26 PM, s-man said:

I enjoyed the episode, but...

Hide contents

A couple of things don't make sense:  1) Atom Eve's powers - she can manipulate matter in practically whatever way she wants, so why didn't she turn the Martian's ship into glass or liquid or something where the creatures were dead in space?  2) Invincible got the beat out of him in the previous episode and was told to go back to Earth and get it ready for the Vultrumites.   It took 2 months to recover from the beating and for the insectoids to build a ship capable of getting him back to Earth.  So, when he was told he could finally leave, he was reluctant.  Ok so maybe he's scared of the choice the Vultrumite's gave him but still you would think he'd want to get back to his mom and girlfriend asap just to see them and warn people.  But even when he was back, there was no mention of this impending invasion.

I don't know if it was said in the episode, I thought it was, but I may be getting my wires crossed from the comic, but the invasion won't be happening for some time, 100 years I believe. So they've got time. 

As for Eve, I believe what you're asking of her is simply too big for her to do considering how her powers work. I don't think she could do it. Just my conjecture. Plus for her to do that would take all her energy, meaning she'd have no way of keeping up her protective suit. She'd have no oxygen. She'd have died. 

On 3/26/2024 at 3:29 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

And....we were both wrong haha

That one shocked me. I guess because they can't use all the other Image heroes and Brit etc for upcoming arcs? I don't know, just spitballing. Either way, it got me, and I thought it was great that it's making its own mark compared to the comics. (Pun intentional on 'making its own Mark'). 

One hell of a season finale. This had it all. 

Only thing missing was a check-up on Rex and Rae, but I can forgive them that, considering everything else that happened. Yes, it ended on the exact line fans had predicted, though altered slightly, it was still an emotional bombshell. 

What did you guys think? Of the finale and the season overall? 

On 4/5/2024 at 1:30 AM, Cat said:

Only thing missing was a check-up on Rex and Rae, but I can forgive them that, considering everything else that happened. Yes, it ended on the exact line fans had predicted, though altered slightly, it was still an emotional bombshell. 

That sucks!  I didn't realize that was the final episode of the season.  How long till Season 3?

On 4/5/2024 at 3:30 AM, Cat said:

Enjoyed it a lot.  This didn't get the buzz it deserved because of that really long mid season break they had. Here's hoping it's not another 2 years before we get season 3. Also I'm betting we get a Rexsplode episode before the start of season 3.

On 4/6/2024 at 3:17 AM, piper said:

That sucks!  I didn't realize that was the final episode of the season.  How long till Season 3?

Supposedly only a year. Guess we'll find out. See some concept art for it just got leaked. It included 

Spoiler

Brit! And Wolf-Man! Among other things. As soon as it was noticed it got taken down, so it does seem legit. If not it's the most flawless fakes I've ever seen. 

On 4/6/2024 at 9:57 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

Enjoyed it a lot.  This didn't get the buzz it deserved because of that really long mid season break they had. Here's hoping it's not another 2 years before we get season 3. Also I'm betting we get a Rexsplode episode before the start of season 3.

I really hope we do. Besides him being my favourite character, it'd help clear up some mysteries surrounding his character for show watchers. I've got a friend to start watching it within the last week or two, and he's binged it all. He didn't know how Rex's new hand would work. I had to explain to him how his powers worked, so giving Rex an origin episode would clear that sort of thing up for show watchers, as he did bring up a fair point.