• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mignola Batman Death in the Family @HA?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

is this the real deal? And if so what is your prediction?

see item here

They look very similar to the published cover. I remember the brothers had a bunch of 'unused' versions before, so that's why I was initially hesitant 

Malvin 

9 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

is this the real deal? And if so what is your prediction?

see item here

I dont think it is.

9 hours ago, malvin said:

They look very similar to the published cover. I remember the brothers had a bunch of 'unused' versions before, so that's why I was initially hesitant 

Malvin 

Those fresh white stat logos makes me think this is one of theirs. We wont find out till the description though. 

If it were real though. Jeez. I dont know. 50k+ hammer price? 

I downloaded the image from HA and found a scan of Batman 426 via Google Image search. I used the original line art as the bottom layer. I put the scan of the printed cover on a layer above a resized it to match the original art and all the line art lines up. The logo and text don't line up exactly, which makes me think they are part of an overlay to make it look more like the "printed" cover.