• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest -Final Round
5 5

180 posts in this topic

This would be a perfect place for a third annual grading competition, where the "right" grade is the mode grade i.e. most picked grade (or maybe median?), and scores couldn't be determined until all WAGs/grades were in for each round.  But it could lead to problems saying that was the "right" grade if the 2nd most popular grade is 2 grades away or something.

Edited by grebal
or with ties for most-picked grade on a particular book

I had read that thor 156 was the oldest SA 9.8 since it came out a month after that detective, I went with 9.6.  doesnt matter really because i went 2.5 on the ASM

Edited by kav

8 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

I know Overstreet is not the bible, but "The largest piece allowed missing from the front or back cover is usually a 1/2" triangle or a 1/4" square" for a 2.0. This measures 1.05 in.

Maybe the CGC will put out their own grading guide some day?

I thought the Tec has a scratch to the right of Robin's face and gave it a 9.2  Had the ASM at 4.0 but, decided to go with 3.5 the last minute.