• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One PCH, one Baker romance

11 posts in this topic

Just a couple of books this time.  Terms:  Free shipping, selling to US only.  I ship promptly and securely.  Returns accepted on raw books, only if I've made a major oversight in description.  I sell on the boards once in a blue moon, but have done so (here and on eBay under the same name) for 15+ yrs. without any problems.  

Paypal only.  Please make payment within 24 hours after invoiced.  If this is going to be problematic, please contact me before committing to buy so we can work it out.  Thanks.   

Sale is over when someone posts, "Take It", or when I post, "Sold by PM". 

Strange Mysteries #2, Superior, 1951.  Complete and unrestored, a solid mid grade copy, flat, tight, lustrous.  Ow/w pages.  About 4.5/5.0.  Tiny chip at bottom edge of fc.  The bc also has a slightly larger chip out at the spine (visible in scan, if you look closely to the right of the ad coupon).  Also visible in bc scan are the few light water marks.  

$800.  Exacly what a slabbed 4.5 recently sold for on Comiclink.  (That one looked nicer too but had a 2" edge tear.)  I was surprised by that result but I do think the whole title is heating up, and this is one of the better covers.  It's PCH, GGA to boot, and since Superior utilized the Iger shop talent pool, you never know when Kamen and/or Baker may have sat in for a few hands (or faces, or legs).  Their style is all over Superior. 

Wasn't really planning to sell this one, but if it'll now fetch this much, well, then... here's a cool book for somebody.   

sm2a.jpg

sm2b.jpg

Teen-Age Romances #17, St. John, 1951.  Sold.  Cover and entire book by Baker.  About 3.0.  Complete, unrestored, tight cover and CF, no tape or major defects, off-white pages.

(This is one of the "tall" issues, which are about 1/2" taller than most GA books.  They are hard to find without that top 1/2" edge usually damaged, often mangled from years living upright in boxes amongst shorter books that made those tall tops lonely, exposed, and vulnerable.) 

$450.  I don't remember the last time another one of these sold.  It's a tough issue.  I think my price is reasonable for a lower grade TR in the teen numbers, all of which are complete-by-Baker issues.  For what it's worth, a #12 in CGC 2.0 went for $450. on Comiclink earlier in June.   

tr17a.jpg

tr17b.jpg

Edited by 29dukedog

2 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

Teen-Age Romances #17, St. John, 1951.  Cover and entire book by Baker.  About 3.0.  Complete, unrestored, tight cover and CF, no tape or major defects, off-white pages.

(This is one of the "tall" issues, which are about 1/2" taller than most GA books.  They are hard to find without that top 1/2" edge usually damaged, often mangled from years living upright in boxes amongst shorter books that made those tall tops lonely, exposed, and vulnerable.) 

$450.  I don't remember the last time another one of these sold.  It's a tough issue.  I think my price is reasonable for a lower grade TR in the teen numbers, all of which are complete-by-Baker issues.  For what it's worth, a #12 in CGC 2.0 went for $450. on Comiclink earlier in June.   

tr17a.jpg

tr17b.jpg

One of my favorite issues overall - have two low-grade copies already, someone should snag this!

48 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

One of my favorite issues overall - have two low-grade copies already, someone should snag this!

While paging through it, I thought, "Boy, I should post a few interior shots!"  But there were just so many great panels I'd want to post, I was afraid it would become a major, time consuming project.  

Just one bump...  :bump:

Just one 10% discount on the Strange Mysteries #2...  :news:

...and if there are still no takers, I'll be happy to hang onto it until it's ripe enough to just fall off the vine.   :popcorn:

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:30 AM, 29dukedog said:

Teen-Age Romances #17, St. John, 1951.  Sold.  Cover and entire book by Baker.  About 3.0.  Complete, unrestored, tight cover and CF, no tape or major defects, off-white pages.

tr17a.jpg

tr17b.jpg

"I Deserted My Ideals For an Easy Life"  What a great title...

6 minutes ago, GoldCap said:

That Strange Mysteries #2 is a sweet cover!  Reminds me of one of the photos I had Gillian Anderson sign when I met her a couple years ago :luhv:

1108148850_GillianAndersoninSwamp.thumb.jpg.52bdd27b9ef86876c2bf40c888ed94a1.jpg

Love it!