• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Labels Only
2 2

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Oh yeah trust me I know all about the Steve Ditko situation as it pertains to him signing anything like that, as pretty much everyone knows in this industry lol. I’ve just never seen a comic signed by him so if it’s legit then that’s pretty damn cool. I mean I guess if it were going to be legit then that would be the book it would have happened to and many many years ago. I wonder if it’s worth sending to the other guy to get it verified. Regardless pretty cool.

I doubt anybody that knows anything about Ditko would take that "verification" seriously, but who knows?

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

I doubt anybody that knows anything about Ditko would take that "verification" seriously, but who knows?

Yeah I mean that’s as serious as it could be, assuming they verified it in my opinion. Obviously if PGX did it I assume it would be a fake lol.

18 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I mean that’s as serious as it could be, assuming they verified it in my opinion. Obviously if PGX did it I assume it would be a fake lol.

You could have the other guy or PSA/DNA verify it. I had a pic of the sig somewhere and it was an older signature. Did he sign enough years ago that a proper comparison could be done?

1 hour ago, AnkurJ said:

You could have the other guy or PSA/DNA verify it. I had a pic of the sig somewhere and it was an older signature. Did he sign enough years ago that a proper comparison could be done?

I have no idea. I’ve honestly never seen his signature on a comic. Not in a shop, not in an auction and not on a website. I have to imagine he signed a somewhat decent amount of stuff in the 60’s and 70’s. I mean occasionally at least, but maybe not. As far as PSA/DNA goes yeah I guess that would work, but I feel and I’m going to use the word, CBCS is more respected than those for sigs in the comic book market. My personal opinion. I just think they would hold more weight. Anyway, it’s definitely a cool piece. I wonder if it would sell for a significant premium if sold at auction as is. Would definitely be interesting to see.

On 7/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, MrBedrock said:

batman5.jpg

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I like green labels. Especially on a book like this. Sure seems a shame to down grade a book so hard for a defect like this. I have no problem buying books like this un-slabbed (with full disclosure) for the right price.

10 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I have no idea. I’ve honestly never seen his signature on a comic. Not in a shop, not in an auction and not on a website. I have to imagine he signed a somewhat decent amount of stuff in the 60’s and 70’s. I mean occasionally at least, but maybe not. As far as PSA/DNA goes yeah I guess that would work, but I feel and I’m going to use the word, CBCS is more respected than those for sigs in the comic book market. My personal opinion. I just think they would hold more weight. Anyway, it’s definitely a cool piece. I wonder if it would sell for a significant premium if sold at auction as is. Would definitely be interesting to see.

Sad news about Steve today.... ?