• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Packing/Shipping Video Games/Systems

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This seemed like the best forum for this; wasn't sure where else to post this question. Ran a search but didn't get any hits to see if this had been asked/discussed before...

I'm looking to sell off my older video games and systems (NES and later) in order to put the cash into a grail fund, to go towards getting an X-Men 1. Any advice on how best to package and ship them to buyers? Want to try to avoid any potential issues of them breaking during transit...and not sure what the best method even is to ship them (though I know they don't qualify for media mail...). Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

A box inside a box with lots of bubble wrap. If you can get your hands on soft foam even better. Make sure you test all games or you will have issues.

If selling on eBay be ready for problems anyway as sellers have no leverage. I sold a PS4 on there the other day. Buyer waits 3 weeks then says disc drive doesn’t work so he forces return. When I get it back it worked perfectly; he never even opened it. Cost me time and $$.

Xmen 1 is a great comic good luck on the quest. I got mine by selling stuff too. It’s a 3.0

EF718869-6E74-4127-AC18-A41BE9045FE6.png

Edited by jason4

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I was thinking eBay just because selling it to another reseller would end up costing me too much of the FMV...I'd get rid of it all more quickly, but not sure if I'm willing to take that hit (I did when I shed my Transformers, but I think that the total value for the games is a bit higher than the TFs...). I tested a chunk of them before stopping, guess I need to finish doing that--it was a PITA getting NES games to work back when they were new, 30 years later it's just that much harder, haha.

Either way, it won't get me all the way there (aiming for a nice-looking 2.0-2.5, probably), but it'll at least get me much closer.