• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC opens UK branch !

7 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2018 at 2:16 PM, quicksilver said:

This really shouldn't be that much of a shock since this was already posted and talked about on the boards here back on February 1st:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/428211-cgc-will-open-an-office-in-london-in-april/

What's even less of a shock is that the office is probably still not open even though its original target date was for April 2018.

I was actually there a couple of weeks ago and spoke to a real nice young gentleman there.  He said that the office was not yet opened, but that CGC was hoping to have it opened by the end of the month (highly doubtful from my point of view).  Although he seem to know about banknotes and autographs, he was really curious and fascinated as to why there would be an interest to grade comic books.  Spinks seems like one of those old crusty high brow places for the well to do from the appearance of their offices, and probably more so considering that they've been around and doing business since 1666.

Although I mentioned to him about some of the key books from the GA and the recent increased interest of the comic books due to the movies and TV shows, I only realized afterwards that he probably did have a point.  Especially in light of the fact, that probably well over 95% of the books graded by CGC are MA books fresh off the newsstand and really doesn't have any true collectible value on their own, except for the fact that they've been graded.  hm

Edited by lou_fine