• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does "Marvel's Secret Wars #8" at a grade 9.0 go for a premium with Stan Lee's autograph for like $1,000
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I'm not saying what can and can't happen.  I mean, someone extremely ill informed and careless with their money could walk into a store and go "oh wow!  Stan Lee!" and drop $1000 for the book.  I mean, I've read stories about drunk people doing much worst.  But I think you'd be hard pressed to sell the book for that much (at this time) when similar books are selling for under $300.

This is up on eBay for another 3 hours and it's currently at $101.  See how much that sells for and that should give you a rough idea of the market rate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Secret-Wars-8-CGC-Stan-lee-9-0-Venom-Origin/153084078893?hash=item23a485ab2d:g:~DEAAOSwjiFbOmVG

On 7/5/2018 at 1:25 PM, Convention dude94 said:

Can the key issue "Marvel's secret wars" if the condition is 9.0 go for a premium at retail for over $1000 dollars if it has Stan Lee's autograph

Only if someone is dumb enough to drop that kind of money on it.  

2 hours ago, s14roller said:

Just curious but how did you come up with $1K?  The book itself is $80 and Stan Lee charges, what, $150-175 for a signature? 

I actually have this book (unsigned) in a 9.0.  I'll sell it to anyone for a "bargain" of $500 :nyah: