• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"THE GUMPS"..#0...NEED GRADING ADVICE

4 posts in this topic

It's worth noting that this is in exceptional condition. I don't collect Platinum age, and I haven't had many of them of this dimension, type of binding, and age in my hands, but what I have seen and ran across looked nothing like this. The binding here looks good as new! The paper quality is stunning, and the inks are just spectacular throughout. There can't be many more than this plus maybe one or two more around that survived in this condition, if at all. If Bob Beirbohm (spelling?) is still living, I'd send him the pics and get his opinion of it. It wouldn't surprise me if Bob said it appeared to be the nicest or one of the nicest ones he's ever seen!

Bob Beerbohm is still around, though he's banned from these boards. He's most likely on facebook.

The Gump book is such a weird oblong size that I don't think anyone encapsulates them, It's like the early Mutt and Jeff books by Ball, and books published by Embee. Congratulations on finding one in such nice shape.