• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Ditko has passed....

45 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2018 at 10:55 PM, Endymion said:

There have been some nice tribute pieces floating around, but this would be my personal favourite so far. By Gabriel Hardman. 

HardmanDitko.jpg

Honestly, not kidding why not throw in speedball and squirrel girl?

On 7/7/2018 at 3:37 AM, grapeape said:

STEVE DITKO SPIDERMAN A PERSONAL MESSAGE Comic Art

...and yet, consistent as always.  Ditko railed against the very concept of the 'anti-hero' his entire career, correct?

I admit I don't know much about his character The Question, except that Rorschach was supposedly based off him - and Rorschach was certainly an anti-hero.  

On 7/8/2018 at 7:14 PM, PhilipB2k17 said:

That’s not an objectivist point of view. “Responsibility” is only to one’s self, not to others. An Objectivist would not have been upset that a criminal he failed to stop killed his uncle Ben. Or rather, he would be upset, but he would not blame himself for it. 

And while Ditko plotted the books for a good portion of his run, Stan wrote the dialogue. 

Well, right, exactly, it's not an objectivist view, so probably Stan wrote it! My question was, if, hypothetically, Ditko wrote it (per theflashunc's theory), then what is the Objectivist interpretation, in other words why would an Objectivist insist on added responsibility for the powerful? If our objective responsibility is to be true to ourselves, wouldn't the weak have that same responsibility, in equal measure as the strong?

Edited by drdroom
wrong attribution of theory!