• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Inherited Some Comics from 1940's
5 5

183 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

Was wondering what the disposition of the Pep #22(and others) was?  Auction house, dealer, private collector?  Are you saying CGC already graded this?  Thanks for any insight.

Yeah CGC graded it already. 

21 minutes ago, NomadCow13 said:

Hey all! After a wild ride I chose to work with Vincent at ComicConnect. I just felt he was the man I wanted to wok with. Very accommodating and fair. The collection goes up for auction this winter.

pep22.jpg

You will do just fine with that one :headbang:

Wow just saw this thread! What an inheritance and congrats to you!! Best of luck to your books with CC, I'm sure you will do very well!  I think you made the correct decision consigning with them.  I would've done the same too!

Such an incongruous lot of books, too. There's no reason that book couldn't have been a Pep #21 or #23...or even a Pep at all. Not that #23 is not without it's charms, too, but the single greatest MLJ key ever published...? And one of the rarest mega keys of the GA...? Amidst some very nice books, but none even approaching that caliber? SO random! 

On 8/13/2018 at 1:36 PM, NomadCow13 said:

Hey all! After a wild ride I chose to work with Vincent at ComicConnect. I just felt he was the man I wanted to wok with. Very accommodating and fair. The collection goes up for auction this winter.

pep22.jpg

Wow!  Congrats.

That was a $50K book 8 years ago (Cream to OW).  Link

We'll be watching.  :)

------------------------------------

EDIT:  This post has caused some confusion, and it's my fault for not being more specific and clear.  These are two different books.  By "That," I meant a PEP22 CGC 5.0.  Sorry.  :foryou:

Edited by Ditch Fahrenheit