Countdown to SDCC 2018
1 1

3 posts in this topic

53 posts

We are almost a week away from SDCC 2018 and I CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!  This is not my first year going to SDCC but I would say this is my first year going as an active member of the Original Art Collecting Hobby. I will be there all days including Preview Night but I was wondering if you all had any advice to get the most out of the SDCC experience. Are there any original art collector meet ups?

What are art/panels/ artists are you hoping to see?  I can't wait for the Artist Edition Panel.

Do you have any pre-show commissions set up that you can't wait to pick up?

Thanks for taking the time to chat and I hope to officially meet a lot of you face to face next week.

521 posts
10 hours ago, comicfanboy007 said:

We are almost a week away from SDCC 2018 and I CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!  This is not my first year going to SDCC but I would say this is my first year going as an active member of the Original Art Collecting Hobby. I will be there all days including Preview Night but I was wondering if you all had any advice to get the most out of the SDCC experience. Are there any original art collector meet ups?

What are art/panels/ artists are you hoping to see?  I can't wait for the Artist Edition Panel.

Do you have any pre-show commissions set up that you can't wait to pick up?

Thanks for taking the time to chat and I hope to officially meet a lot of you face to face next week.

This was me last year - had attended several times before but not with an interest in OA at the time. Last year I made the trip and that is all I did. I was going to post this last year but thought against it. I might as well use this opportunity. 

I found myself a bit confused by the OA experience at SDCC. There was a ton of art and it was overwhelming. Pieces I had seen at auction and pined over were there, tucked away in portfolios with 1000s of other pieces of art. I admit that it cheapened it a bit for me and I found myself wishing there was a booth with maybe 12 masterpieces artfully framed, and nothing more, like you see with higher end art fairs. Of course I wouldn't be able to afford any of those pieces but you get the drift. 

Despite the mass of art I found nothing I needed, which made me realize how very specific my interests are.