• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,723 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Nice page up on Heritage - I like the little 'clean' notes in blue bottom right:

lf.thumb.jpeg.f4421d432f5478aa07c670f1e7b950ff.jpeg

I saw that one.  Heritage has a few other great ones as well.  Wish I had some money.  I really loved ASM 161 as a kid.  Love the dark inks on this page.

9 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

I saw that one.  Heritage has a few other great ones as well.  Wish I had some money.  I really loved ASM 161 as a kid.  Love the dark inks on this page.

Yeah. A few good 136 pages coming up. How good is this:

1559029181_2019-04-1521_21_20.thumb.png.982735cab573c86ed473685c6df2c05d.png

On 10/5/2018 at 3:12 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Slide4.JPG

I started these comparison and soon realized that a few of the places that Ross drew have changed substantially over the years.  I thought wouldn't it be great to preserve a picture of the way Ross photographed back in the seventies, before the building/place was unrecognizable, or completely gone.  

I never thought this one would be one of the places that wouldn't be around in several years, as it has been around for centuries.  What a loss. 

3 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

I started these comparison and soon realized that a few of the places that Ross drew have changed substantially over the years.  I thought wouldn't it be great to preserve a picture of the way Ross photographed back in the seventies, before the building/place was unrecognizable, or completely gone.  

I never thought this one would be one of the places that wouldn't be around in several years, as it has been around for centuries.  What a loss. 

Oh yeah I completely forgot about this! This is when he goes to rescue Jameson and Robertson when they were being held in the cathedral by cyclone. Peter was there with them on assignment for the Bugle. Later in the issue he sees Gwen's clone face to face for the first time. 

Thanks for posting! Still can't believe what happened! One of the oldest structures in the world. It really sucks!!! 

4 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Oh yeah I completely forgot about this! This is when he goes to rescue Jameson and Robertson when they were being held in the cathedral by cyclone. Peter was there with them on assignment for the Bugle. Later in the issue he sees Gwen's clone face to face for the first time. 

Thanks for posting! Still can't believe what happened! One of the oldest structures in the world. It really sucks!!! 

Amazing to see how much of the structure survived what looked like an impossible position last night. The cyclone issues had some of my favourite art in them. And a great mood. 

1 hour ago, Spider-Variant said:

image.png.3580fdd991870196daee520293ce1a79.png

Niice.

I'd love to own the original art to this page:

ASM-143-01.png.fae45153f3cbc9875259870223e7248a.png

The cast are so definitive in these issues. Look at Peter and Betty here - the real deal:

pp.png.1810134ce6b87c7a461b6e06af99d915.png

That is Peter Parker. 

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Niice.

I'd love to own the original art to this page:

ASM-143-01.png.fae45153f3cbc9875259870223e7248a.png

The cast are so definitive in these issues. Look at Peter and Betty here - the real deal:

That is Peter Parker. 

Yes, this page is classic, classic Andru Spider-Man.  Love the outfit on MJ including the beret.  Love that Pete still has the bandages on his hands from his tussle with Mysterio.  

But the thing I love most about this page is the smirk on Joe's face as Pete and MJ kiss in that last panel.  Just so believable.

Good call on this one @Get Marwood & I :banana:

23 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

This looks like an homage to Ross's work on ASM 143.  From Superior Spider-Man #2 (2013)

image.thumb.png.462a58752ffbd78bae9e4278f8cf218f.png

The stripey tights are a coincidence too far I think. Good spot 

11 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Very close, isn't it.  That's MJ, but no idea if that is Peter or not.  Doc Ock in Peter's body?  doh!

I did read all the Superiors but can't remember. I thought that's the one thing Ock never managed though - to 'get off' with MJ. Well worth a mind swap in my opinion :D

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I did read all the Superiors but can't remember. I thought that's the one thing Ock never managed though - to 'get off' with MJ. Well worth a mind swap in my opinion :D

I stopped reading Amazing Spider-Man at issue 600, so nothing ever happened after that....:slapfight:

3 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

I stopped reading Amazing Spider-Man at issue 600, so nothing ever happened after that....:slapfight:

It actually all stopped at 185...