• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adams artists; Neal, Dan, Arthur, etc., etc.

12 posts in this topic

Don’t stop there... Amy Adams, Bryan Adams, Ansel Adams, President John Adams. Maybe even the Addams Family?

Google also won’t confirm that THEY’RE related... but if they are, it’s definitely the proof that kitten-eating lizard people rule the earth.

But though Google draws a blank, Wikipedia tells me that Adams is the 39th most common surname in the USA...

Of course, even if there isn’t an Adams branch of the lizard family tree, how do we explain the Lees (Stan, Jim, Jae, etc.)?

How 'bout various former members of the Eagles: Don Felder, Don Henley, Don Johnson, Don Knotts, Don Ho, Don Rickles, and Don Corleone?  

Have you ever seen any four of them together?

In the future, everyone will be a Don for fifteen minutes... (thumbsu

don1.jpg

don2.jpg

don3.jpg

don4.jpeg

don5.jpg

don6.jpg

don7.jpg

Edited by jools&jim

On 7/29/2018 at 12:33 PM, James J Johnson said:

Seems to be no shortage of artists named Adams. Who, if any of them, are related?

Couldn't find a google answer on this.

I've wondered about this myself.

5 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Not true!  Next thing you know you'll say everyone is related.  Like if I gave you these random names Jack Curtiss, Curt Davis, Lance Kirby, Ted Grey, Charles Nicholas, Fred Sande.  Go ahead and tell me they are related.

I remember seeing a magazine cover once years ago (National Enquirer?) that said Bill Cosby and Mikhaïl Gorbachev were 63rd cousins.

Not as closely related as Jack Curtiss and Curt Davis, though...

Edited by Brock

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, jools&jim said:

Who is "Dan Adams"?  Maybe Don's brother?

GetSmart_01.jpg

Dan Adams is an artist (paintings). His studio is in San Diego.

Yes, it's a common name. I just thought that one of the many Adams' who are artists of one type or another may be related to Neal Adams and one here might know. I didn't realize that most would think that a stupid question.

And for the record, Josh Adams (House of Mystery artist) is Neal's son, so he does have at least one relative working in the art field. I thought there may be more.

Edited by James J Johnson

It wasn’t a stupid question ... just an opportunity for everyone to have some fun.

i remember as a kid being so excited to learn that Stan Lee and Larry Lieber were brothers. And there have been lots of others... the Romitas, the Days, the Buscemas, the Kuberts, and - as you rightly mention - the Adams’.

20 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes, it's a common name. I just thought that one of the many Adams' who are artists of one type or another may be related to Neal Adams and one here might know. I didn't realize that most would think that a stupid question.

:foryou:  Not a stupid question at all.  Just having some goofy, late-night fun...