Terrificon at Mohegan Sun Expo Center on August 17-19th 2018
0

23 posts in this topic

12,063 posts

Gonna miss this weekend. Got other commitments 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,063 posts

Likely Hartford or RI.

Thats the thing with New England. You get all the shows crammed into a short span. Imagine paying admission to see the same dealers with the same books. Waiting in line and paying again and again. My biggest rant. SPREAD OUT GUYS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,267 posts

Who runs this thing... Lets get Chris Claremont added... I need some dual Alan Davis/Claremont signatures!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,656 posts

Guest list looks good and the Mohegan Sun is good for a few rounds of drinks on the casino floor as long as you keep tipping the waitress.  Lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,819 posts

The last couple years I've thought the guest list here was vastly superior to any of the other New England shows. People here I've never seen at other area shows before. This is two years in a row I've skipped Boston to go to Terifficon instead. As long as they keep getting guests of this caliber, I will keep going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60 posts
On 8/12/2018 at 12:37 PM, Crimebuster said:

The last couple years I've thought the guest list here was vastly superior to any of the other New England shows. People here I've never seen at other area shows before. This is two years in a row I've skipped Boston to go to Terifficon instead. As long as they keep getting guests of this caliber, I will keep going!

Same here. Plus cheaper tickets, free parking, and yes the superior guest list has made this my go to BIG con for Southern New England. It's been run well the times I've attended which is a HUGH plus over the other large area cons. Plus the casino aspects (gambling, shops, eating) makes it a great destination. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,695 posts
On 8/3/2018 at 3:52 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Likely Hartford or RI.

Thats the thing with New England. You get all the shows crammed into a short span. Imagine paying admission to see the same dealers with the same books. Waiting in line and paying again and again. My biggest rant. SPREAD OUT GUYS.

What's in Hartford? I thought that one was moved to Foxwoods...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,063 posts
2 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

What's in Hartford? I thought that one was moved to Foxwoods...

I never been to a show at Foxwoods. But for the last 2 years I’ve gone to Hartford. I haven’t heard of the move. I must have missed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,695 posts

If they have the Hartford ComiConn again, I'd like to go but I didn't see it on any schedules this year. I always liked that show because I found great things but I heard a lot of dealers were not very pleased with it...That's the show though, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,063 posts
1 minute ago, PeterPark said:

If they have the Hartford ComiConn again, I'd like to go but I didn't see it on any schedules this year. I always liked that show because I found great things but I heard a lot of dealers were not very pleased with it...That's the show though, right?

I went to their site and was liked to the new name/new show and yes you are correct, it will be at Foxwoods. Closer for me now. Just hope the dates jive with my schedule.

https://www.comiconn.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,772 posts

Comiconn already past...the show was absolutely terrible in terms of comics, it's more of a pop culture show, I heard attendance was only 1200. The aisles were basically empty. I would never go back again.  I'll be at terrific con though tomorrow, much better show.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166 posts

There were two witnesses assigned to Terrificon on Saturday morning.  Most of my time was spent waiting for service on the CGC line.  I am certain that I was not the only collector who was disappointed based on my multiple conversations with other collectors there.  CGC needs to analyze the cost-benefit of flying additional witnesses to these events with the business that they are losing to collectors who simply refuse to wait on their lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,267 posts
5 hours ago, My young Padawan said:

There were two witnesses assigned to Terrificon on Saturday morning.  Most of my time was spent waiting for service on the CGC line.  I am certain that I was not the only collector who was disappointed based on my multiple conversations with other collectors there.  CGC needs to analyze the cost-benefit of flying additional witnesses to these events with the business that they are losing to collectors who simply refuse to wait on their lines.

It was tough Saturday morning but they added 2 more to have 4 by the middle of Saturday and Sunday. I got all the stuff I wanted done by the end of Saturday minus Denny O'Neil who was not there until Sunday. Overall I thought they recovered well.

Edited by Unstoppablejayd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,525 posts

First time at this one...had a good time even though I wasn't expecting much high-end material.  Ending up trading a Surfer #3 in 9.4 for a pretty TOS #52 in 7.0 wp.  Found a bunch of treasuries (6) for $30 thanks to Joe at Superworld's booth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,780 posts
On 8/22/2018 at 11:34 AM, Drummy said:

First time at this one...had a good time even though I wasn't expecting much high-end material.  Ending up trading a Surfer #3 in 9.4 for a pretty TOS #52 in 7.0 wp.  Found a bunch of treasuries (6) for $30 thanks to Joe at Superworld's booth.

There was some nice stuff there...I managed to get a Fantastic Four 52 CGC 8.5 wp that is sweet :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0