• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link, How Much Do You This Will Go For?

19 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, TeddieMercede said:

For a recreation cover ? Should set higher goals for your soul like the real 137 cover.

Lol it’s ok to be realistic too!

Im guessing 30-40k

I have no idea of value but not enjoying cyclops on this one. Its enough to keep me looking at other art. Not as bad as the submariner on the iron man subby #1 cover - but still a detracting factor for me.  Still if anyone has nostalgia - that can be overcome.

19 hours ago, blizzardtonight said:

its a recreation??? thanks buddy for saving my soul....:-)

I think he meant "reprint cover", this story from classic X-men is a reprint of one of Byrne's original main-title X-men books. 

Also, it's Byrne inking himself. 

I remember not to long ago that, as it pertained to X-men covers, that there were Byrne/Austin covers ($$$$) and then there was "everything else" ($$ and maybe $$$)

It was also published in 1990, well after his original run on X-men and almost 5 years after he completed Fantastic Four. 

It's sweet Jean Grey cover but it's missing a lot of the factors that amped up the sales of John's original, non-reprint, main-title X-men work. 

52 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I think he meant "reprint cover", this story from classic X-men is a reprint of one of Byrne's original main-title X-men books. 

Also, it's Byrne inking himself. 

I remember not to long ago that, as it pertained to X-men covers, that there were Byrne/Austin covers ($$$$) and then there was "everything else" ($$ and maybe $$$)

It was also published in 1990, well after his original run on X-men and almost 5 years after he completed Fantastic Four. 

It's sweet Jean Grey cover but it's missing a lot of the factors that amped up the sales of John's original, non-reprint, main-title X-men work. 

Someone will pay a lot for this, regardless. It's a published Byrne X-Men cover reinterpreting his most iconic image.

Just now, PhilipB2k17 said:

Someone will pay a lot for this, regardless. It's a published Byrne X-Men cover reinterpreting his most iconic image.

Sure, they'll pay a lot. 

I have no doubt of that seeing what some covers get these days. 

Just now, PhilipB2k17 said:

That, and the cover is actually pretty damn nice. That is some vintage Byrne at his best.

It's a decade beyond the end of his vintage work on X-men. 

He was at his best on those X-men covers with Austin on the inks too, lets not discount how large a contribution that was. 

I see this as a B-Level cover from an A-Level Artist on a C-Level title(A-Level Story & Property)...

...which has an eerily familiar 'score' as the Art Adams Classic X-Men cover from the last Featured auction...

The Byrne cover breaks $18k, but, stops short of $22k...

And, thee weeks after the auction, it reappears on your favorite professional art dealer's website...guess what the asking price will be...

On 8/6/2018 at 1:28 PM, First Upgrade said:

I see this as a B-Level cover from an A-Level Artist on a C-Level title(A-Level Story & Property)...

...which has an eerily familiar 'score' as the Art Adams Classic X-Men cover from the last Featured auction...

The Byrne cover breaks $18k, but, stops short of $22k...

And, thee weeks after the auction, it reappears on your favorite professional art dealer's website...guess what the asking price will be...