Berkeley Comic Con Show Report
3 3

87 posts in this topic

510 posts

Wow what an awesome looking event.  Wish I had made the time to make it over (especially living 20 minutes away) but had family commitments.

Funny how I am scouring the walls of books in the pictures looking for any lower grade FF1 books!

when is the next one scheduled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,911 posts

Great thread and thanks for sharing.  I would love to attend next year.  I am trying to organize something basically identical here in Miami — an intimate one-day show for vintage collectors only.  Your event is inspirational.

Edited by zosocane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,345 posts
12 minutes ago, AJCohen said:

Wow what an awesome looking event.  ..

when is the next one scheduled?

Saturday, November 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,016 posts
21 minutes ago, AJCohen said:

Wow what an awesome looking event.  Wish I had made the time to make it over (especially living 20 minutes away) but had family commitments.

Funny how I am scouring the walls of books in the pictures looking for any lower grade FF1 books!

when is the next one scheduled?

@CW had a nice FF1 for sale there - not sure if he sold it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,016 posts
28 minutes ago, AJCohen said:

Wow what an awesome looking event.  Wish I had made the time to make it over (especially living 20 minutes away) but had family commitments.

Funny how I am scouring the walls of books in the pictures looking for any lower grade FF1 books!

when is the next one scheduled?

Yeah, here it is (the hardest one to see in my already terrible photo):

 

 

38AFA897-6055-49B7-B993-4019A4AB43E9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
510 posts
1 minute ago, wormboy said:

Yeah, here it is (the hardest one to see in my already terrible photo):

 

 

38AFA897-6055-49B7-B993-4019A4AB43E9.jpeg

Do you happen to know the grade and price and how I could reach @CW

Thanks!

AJ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
746 posts
1 minute ago, AJCohen said:

Do you happen to know the grade and price and how I could reach @CW

Thanks!

AJ

 

It's a 1.5 if I recall correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,016 posts
4 minutes ago, shortboxed said:

It's a 1.5 if I recall correctly

Thanks shortboxed.

AJ I don’t remember the price, but CW is a boardie here, you can PM him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,678 posts
50 minutes ago, AJCohen said:

Do you happen to know the grade and price and how I could reach @CW

Thanks!

AJ

 

Can confirm it was a 1.5, but I don't recall what the price was.  He says he doesn't frequent the boards as often as he used to.  But he did give me his business card (fantasticcomicsandart@gmail.com).  Great guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
510 posts

Cool thanks everyone. Looking for around a 3.0 but thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93,459 posts
4 hours ago, wormboy said:

@CW had a nice FF1 for sale there - not sure if he sold it? 

Have not heard or seen from CW in YEARS!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,906 posts
10 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Can confirm it was a 1.5, but I don't recall what the price was.  He says he doesn't frequent the boards as often as he used to.  But he did give me his business card (fantasticcomicsandart@gmail.com).  Great guy.

The FF1 is a 1.5 and it belongs to @Primetime he was holding down the booth with me. You can PM him if interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,434 posts
16 hours ago, wormboy said:

Finally, I’d like to thank boardie Jeff Li again for the bottle of Anthill Farms Pinot Noir, which I’m enjoying now, and is partially responsible for the past three posts lol

image.thumb.jpg.efc064f1add2f718906fa5ed2f35f02e.jpg

 

Tim,

You're very welcome for the wine, and thanks for organizing. Very fun show, and time flew by. I always forget how much time and effort it takes to set up and do a show. Fun, but as a lot of people will tell you, much more fun to buy comics than sell them. hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93,459 posts
5 hours ago, CW said:

Well here’s that problem solved :)

Dont worry, I lurk when I’m not changing diapers. (My kids...not mine. Just want to be clear there.)

Good to see you around these parts again!

BTW, as far as this thread goes, it would be nice to put names to the faces if they are board members.

Thanks for posting it, wormboy and HOC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3