• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COMIC ART CON NYC EDITION (PICS)
1 1

113 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, artdealer said:

Jack drew the pencil FF piece for mine and Larry Shell's book, "Jack Kirby Masterpieces" back in 1978.

Don't know what the hell that color piece is.

MI

I think the color piece is Steve Rude .....

35 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I'm sure none of those pieces were for sale.  He had most of those pieces on display as well at WinterCon (Queens, NY) back in December 2014 (another display-only situation), which I happened to attend as I was meeting someone to do a deal there.  I remember he told me at the time that he valued the FF 72 at more than a million bucks (it was made explicitly clear that $1 million was too low), and that was almost 4 years ago.  

Good luck to anyone who might want to take a shot at getting it out of his collection!

Thanks

And good luck to that person trying for the page as well. I don't see that going anywhere until Bechara starts liquidating 

- Thanks for the additional pics Brandon. :headbang:

- Kirby did FF pencils.  Bruce Timm did the color piece.  When I spoke with Albert at NYCC 2017, he had both pieces priced individually.  If you wanted to buy it as a set, he might give you a very slight discount.  Contact him directly for prices.

- For all you guys wondering what an A+ cover is or what a real Grail is, the Kirby FF 72 is it.  Bechara has turned down legitimate big $ offers over the years for that cover. I can't believe Bechara turned down my offer of a Rob Liefeld New Mutants interior page as a straight up trade.   :baiting:

- To find out what page the Ditko is, you may have to crack open that ASM 6 CGC case .  :whatthe:

Cheers !

N.

20 hours ago, rrichards said:

That was real (belongs to Bechara Mallouf). The conversation that we were having in front of it was: Is that the best Kirby Surfer cover"?.I think the consensus  was it was ,even though there are other more historically significant covers (FF 50?) that this was the best.What do you guys think?

It's pretty darn good.  Great image of the Watcher too.  Speaking of which, it's time that the Watcher(s) got some serious screen time in Marvel movies (their previous cameo notwithstanding) !

Great Fin Fang From splash too. 

Edited by pemart1966

Which dealer was the NAdams XM double page spread with Angel and Sauron? I did not see a reference in the file name...

Thanks!

Carlo M

Sorry, wrong signature in the previous one!

ps - thanks so much for the pictures!

Bechara is the dealer I mentioned in another thread who either covered up where he really got the X-Men #1 art from with a fanciful story, or played really dumb when two guys tried to fence him stolen art. IMHO. 

Kind of like Joe Kennedy, who made his fortune from bootlegging. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

6 hours ago, Carlo M said:

Which dealer was the NAdams XM double page spread with Angel and Sauron? I did not see a reference in the file name...

Thanks!

Carlo M

Sorry, wrong signature in the previous one!

ps - thanks so much for the pictures!

That was with Bechara.

3 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Bechara is the dealer I mentioned in another thread who either covered up where he really got the X-Men #1 art from with a fanciful story, or played really dumb when two guys tried to fence him stolen art. IMHO. 

Kind of like Joe Kennedy, who made his fortune from bootlegging. 

You’re mixing up stories. Bechara was the 2nd owner of that issue after Marvel, not the first. And it took him many years to get it out of the 1st owner. 

12 hours ago, dem1138 said:

You’re mixing up stories. Bechara was the 2nd owner of that issue after Marvel, not the first. And it took him many years to get it out of the 1st owner. 

That’s not the public version of the story he told. Which confirms my theory that he concocted the story to cover for the thief.  

UPDATE: I got my timeline mixed up. Brad Savage is the first known owner other than Marvel. He had a doozie if a story that sounded like complete nonsense to me on how he got the pages. 

http://originalcomicartlocator.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-real-story-how-original-art-to-x.html?m=1

Edited by PhilipB2k17

2 hours ago, romitaman said:

I dont believe Bechara ever owned the x-men 1 book.

He claims he facilitated its sale by Brad Savage. My bad, as it was Brad who gave Bechara the and bull story about how it wound up with Brad. 

http://originalcomicartlocator.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-real-story-how-original-art-to-x.html?m=1

Edited by PhilipB2k17