• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remainder Copies - Any value estimates?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I bought a copy of Fantastic 4 #3 many years ago, but it is a Remainder Copy...really nice shape aside from that, so it's a bit heart breaking to see it like this.

Anyway, been thinking of upgrading for years, and now might be the time...but wondering if there's still a market for a book like this...obviously, I bought it, so there is likely some interest...but I have no idea what value to assign a copy.  Would these be considered poor, regardless of the rest of the condition of the book?

Thanks for any input...

Edited by SteveMullins
Misspelling

I have several remainder copies and IMO there is a market for remainder copies.

I am a completest, I wanted to fill my runs on a Budget so when a reminder copy came up for auction on an older more expensive book or a book that does not show up often for auction in lower grade (or at all) I was more than happy to bid on it and add it to my collection, remainder copies are part of the history of the book and the comic industry/hobby.

Although CGC grading would put a remainder copy at Poor 0.5 because 1/3 of the front cover is missing I personally feel differently, the book could otherwise be a nice copy with nice page quality which would be a welcome addition to someones collection.

Even though remainder copies will not fetch a high price there are still people out there looking for books to fill their runs at an affordable price as I was.

2jg9oqt.jpg

(Got this book for 10 cents at a used magazine stand in the early 80's)

2coflh2.jpg

141mnuh.jpg

2jw2n4.jpg

If you are looking to upgrade I am sure somebody will be interested in an F.F. #3 Remainder Copy.

People buy books that are really Poor 0.5 or Fair 1.0 so a nice remainder copy for about the same price...

I track eBay sold listings just to get an idea of what is going on with the market and recently these items have sold...

Fantastic Four #2 Coverless $212.00

Fantastic Four #3 Coverless $107.00

Fantastic Four #4 Coverless $152.00

Incredible Hulk #2 Remainder Copy $172.00

11 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

If you are looking to upgrade I am sure somebody will be interested in an F.F. #3 Remainder Copy.

People buy books that are really Poor 0.5 or Fair 1.0 so a nice remainder copy for about the same price...

I track eBay sold listings just to get an idea of what is going on with the market and recently these items have sold...

Fantastic Four #2 Coverless $212.00

Fantastic Four #3 Coverless $107.00

Fantastic Four #4 Coverless $152.00

Incredible Hulk #2 Remainder Copy $172.00

Not bad...I'm looking for something in the 2.0 - 3.0 arena, so $100 - $200 would be a nice amount to go towards my upgrade.