• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGX 5.5 ?????????????? LOL
1 1

54 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

I gave the book its own thread. The label is definitely switched. Someone took a 2.5 label and replaced it with a 5.0 label. Now they'll resubmit the 5.0 to be re-slabbed.

I think they will suspect the label was switched and want to see the book first before the new reholder.

7 hours ago, JollyComics said:

I think they will suspect the label was switched and want to see the book first before the new reholder.

It's the seller. I reviewed his CGC graded sales for the past 3 months and there's a pattern. CGC 9.4s with tears at the spine and dust shadows, and other such nonsense. Cracked case sales, always at the top of the case.. Books sold in the well only, with the label separate. I'll detail it in the thread on the JIM 83 CGC 5.0 I started rather than sidetrack here.

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

I need to start getting back in the swing of things around here. I despise these scammers and jerk wads ruining our hobby.

I never would have seen it if it wasn't used by Jolly as an example of an "overgraded" "CGC" book. While books can be an 8.0 one day and an 8.5 or 7.5 the next, I feel I have a fairly good idea of how allowably the grading pendulum can swing on any particular CGC grade, and when I saw this "5.0", it was so drastically below any average grading leeway range to make CGC sense at all, a label switch was the only answer.

You can't see everything and that's where see something say something came in here to hopefully make a difference, in for one of his potential bidders to take a closer look if he comes across these threads.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, DR.X said:

I wouldn't call that a 5.5 if I was sheet faced drunk. LOL

Don't know if your drunk but you avatar is  sheet faced :whatthe: so that makes it a 4.5 (thumbsu

DR.X

Edited by woowoo

I just saw this. If that's not brittle I don't know what is

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=790580

That would be a fast return for me Cream to off white really.

I had my books graded by them I thought the were to tight on 3 books and got the others right on with what many thought WOW.

I cant  believe they are still in business with what I have seen in the last 2 years (shrug) 

Edited by woowoo

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:58 AM, herc2000 said:

I saw some PGX Werewolf by night 32's on ebay the other day, omg the grades were so bad. they were VF's and looked like VG range books.

When you can hold a book in your hand, encapsulated by a professional grading service, and the reality of the book's actual grade is so far removed from the inflated grade printed on the label; to such an extent that your first reaction is to examine the integrity of the slab for signs of tampering, that speaks volumes for the lack of integrity of that company.  

Edited by James J Johnson

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, woowoo said:

I just saw this. If that's not brittle I don't know what is

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=790580

That would be a fast return for me Cream to off white really.

I had my books graded by them I thought the were to tight on 3 books and got the others right on with what many thought WOW.

I cant  believe they are still in business with what I have seen in the last 2 years (shrug) 

Oh my, that book is tearing apart in that slab :whatthe:

1 hour ago, wikked said:

So what's the story on this one?

I can't read the slab notes on the CBCS re-grade.

"______ Last 18(?) pages detached & completely split? "

missfury3.jpg

If it's the same book, interesting how page quality went from "Off-White/White" to "Brittle" :whatthe: