• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gil Kane Atom Cover & Robert McGinnis James Bond Art for Sale

3 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon All,

Two very cool originals have been consigned to me, and once again, a special email blast is sent.

First up, the cover for The Atom #37 by Gil Kane and Sid Greene from 1968.

When was the last time you've seen an Atom cover for sale? Here's a hint.... never.
To my knowledge, the only other Atom cover is #36. I'm selling comic art for over 42 years, and haven't seen another cover out in the wild. If I'm wrong, please provide proof.

Lot's of interior pages, only 2 covers. And it's the last Gil Kane Atom cover. Issue 37 cover was drawn by Sekowsky.
Some whiteout on the Atom's head.

And it's the first appearance of Major Mynah!

Click HERE for more information.

Next up, is another special original, but for a different reason.
Robert McGinnis is one of the best known illustrators in the world. Known for his paperback covers, magazine illustrations and movie posters, and for his beautifully painted women.

McGinnis has painted several movie posters for the James Bond movies and the few originals and preliminary paintings that have surfaced over the years have become treasures for collectors.

I am offering a painting by McGinnis of James Bond in a scene from Dr. No

This painting was commissioned in 2005 by a collector of James Bond epherema, including art. Originally painted to be produced as a limited edition print, sadly, never saw print.

But this is a James Bond painting, by Robert McGinnis!

Click  for more information

For more information, or to purchase either of the originals, please email me at mitkowitz@hvc.rr.com or call me at
845-246-0952.

All art is sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. Paypal will only be accepted as a family payment.
Best,
Mitch Itkowitz
Graphic Collectibles

Kane Atom.jpg

McGinnis Bond.jpg