• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ABC picks up untitled Marvel female superhero series...

8 posts in this topic

I'm sick of all the SJW and "feminist" in Hollywood. Most of the women/girls in my life can't stand it either.

Said sentence is null if this is actually based on an all-female comic.

I'm just not a fan of the people who loved Wonder Woman "because she's a female", and who seemingly love Captain Marvel "because she's a female". Wonder Woman was great because it was a good story and directed well. Captain Marvel looks good because it's in the MCU and they hit mostly everything out of the park (especially recently).

Sorry, I always go on this rant, because my brother's fiance literally only loved the Wonder Woman movie because of her gender. She defends the 3rd act because it was a "great leap for women" or something like that...

rantrant [/end]

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

I'm sick of all the SJW and "feminist" in Hollywood. Most of the women/girls in my life can't stand it either.

Said sentence is null if this is actually based on an all-female comic.

I'm just not a fan of the people who loved Wonder Woman "because she's a female", and who seemingly love Captain Marvel "because she's a female". Wonder Woman was great because it was a good story and directed well. Captain Marvel looks good because it's in the MCU and they hit mostly everything out of the park (especially recently).

Sorry, I always go on this rant, because my brother's fiance literally only loved the Wonder Woman movie because of her gender. She defends the 3rd act because it was a "great leap for women" or something like that...

rantrant [/end]

Completely agree...the "because she's a female" seemed to help out a certain recent presidential candidate as well...

I like the "because it was a dang good movie" line of thinking myself.

3 minutes ago, AGGIEZ said:

Completely agree...the "because she's a female" seemed to help out a certain recent presidential candidate as well...

I'm very proud of most of the females in my life during the election, because they all basically had the same line of thinking, "Do you really want her to be the first female President of the US?" I'll end it at that because no politics.

7 hours ago, TwoPiece said:
7 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

I'm very proud of most of the females in my life during the election, because they all basically had the same line of thinking, "Do you really want her to be the first female President of the US?" I'll end it at that because no politics.

without getting into politics, I understand that logic.  mostly.

But without getting into other merits, its sounds like those women (who might otherwise want women to succeed) might have literally voted against her because she's a woman (and because women get so few opportunities to lead they didn't want this specific one to represent them).  I would think most people  would rather be judged equally independent of sex.  And yet...

Honestly I'm not trying to make this a political statement and I really do get the sentiment, its more of a logic or argumentative or social situation to me.  I really do try to see all sides and I tend to fall more independent politically in general, but if you take the sentiment to its logical conclusion... a woman should be held to a higher/different standard and if they don't meet that standard, we shouldn't stray from away from the default situation.  I agree that the first woman president is an important thing and unfortunately her success/failure will have a huge bearing on the electability of future women candidates, but on the other hand, equality should be the goal right, judging someone independent of their sex?  Just something to think about - from a sociological side (non-political, because honestly this type of thing could happen on either side of the aisle).

But as it pertains to the show, I can't think of what properties haven't been tapped yet that would have female characterS (plural) with 'powers', AND would fit on ABC, presumably in prime time.  My initial guesses would have been SpiderGwen or New Ms Marvel, but the PLURAL makes it hard.  I don't know what lady teams there are other than A-Force and Lady Liberators. And what ever the powers are, they have to be at least somewhat budget conscious. 

My guesses in no particular order (not that anyone asked):

1.  Secret Warriors spinoff from Agents of Shield (which should end anyways) - Keep Daisy and Yo-yo, add Kitty Pryde (tech genius) assuming they have the rights, mix in some She-Hulk when they have the budget.  But otherwise it could be like Alias/Charlie's Angels with super powers, like a bunch of undercover missions.

2.  A She-Hulk legal show where she lives openly as she-hulk and Jennifer Walters, punching folks and representing people all the time.  Like Ally McBeal with She-hulk?  But it seems like you need at least 2 women with powers.  So I guess she would need a roommate or colleague with powers?  America Chavez?  SpiderGwen?

3.   Elsa Bloodstone (she has powers right?) and Blade's daughter hunt monsters (probably not right for ABC)

4.  Anna and Raven - story of Mother and daughter, Mystique and teenage Rogue as scam artist fugitives in the south.  BUT Rogue doesn't know Mystique's powers AND Rogue's powers are slowly starting to develop where she occasionally steals memories or personality traits when she touches people. (assumes they own the rights)

5.  Daughters of the Dragon private investigators seems ok.  But nobody has powers.  I guess Misty has a bionic arm?  Who can they add in?  Youngish Layla Miller? British Monet (is she british?)