• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dradake0110 More Jack Kirby autographs than anyone I know

104 posts in this topic

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Again, I'm aware of that. Experienced collectors tend to pull the same size piece off of the same corner! The amateur collectors choose which corner to tear off randomly. lol

We're good then.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes, Let the Ditko games begin, and may your pen grow wings, a gentle zephyr propelling the nib across the paper with deadly purpose!

yes I use my pen to uh-turn the pages so i dont damage em and stuff-so i can get like a better look at the sig I got when i met ditko in a diner in NY and he said wth gimme your books-I'll sign this ONE TIME!

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

haha me to !! going to get some dollar box Kirby covers and practice my Kirby signature ....

and soon.....:flipbait:

crappy reprints and 2.0 carp sem to really get signed by people a lot.  Weird.

Image result for omac army cover 14     +   Image result for bic pen  =    Image result for wad of bills

8 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

haha me to !! going to get some dollar box Kirby covers and practice my Kirby signature ....

and soon.....:flipbait:

11 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

those Kirby signatures are the laughing stock of eBay lol 

The forger/criminal is trying to copy a Dynamic Forces 1990s style Roz Kirby/Jack Kirby signature, and stating that "they're from 1975". :roflmao:

Edited by James J Johnson

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

Image result for omac army cover 14     +   Image result for bic pen  =    Image result for wad of bills

Until the buyer sends it for authentication.

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

jaw-dropping.gif

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

All supposedly signed in 1975, all of them not only way off, but look like Jack signed them during an earthquake.

I'm curious.  What do you think the problem is with this one?

s-l1600.jpg

1 minute ago, mr_highgrade said:

He's also sold fake Frank Miller and John Romita Jr. auto's. :facepalm:

I guess anyone dumb enough to buy them would have just spent the money on something else dumb any way.  It's 'Dumb Money".

It appears to be a marker, not a pencil.

How many authentic Jack Kirby signatures have you seen as your reference point?  You wrote that it was way off.

Edited by namisgr

Just now, namisgr said:

I'm curious.  What do you think the problem is with this one?

s-l1600.jpg

Looks like it's the first time that a 58 year old Jack Kirby ever wrote his name, and he was fairly uncertain as to how to go about it. Look at the stop and go. Most people don't take more than a minute to sign 9 letters.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Looks like it's the first time that a 58 year old Jack Kirby ever wrote his name, and he was fairly uncertain as to how to go about it. Look at the stop and go. Most people don't take more than a minute to sign 9 letters.

The problem I would see with that book would be if it was listed with dozens of other such books.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

It actually looks at a glance to be very similar to the signature Kirby wrote on my copy of Cap 100 when I had him sign it at the New York Comic Con in '75.  I'll try to grab a photo of it for comparison purposes.

I'd be much more concerned with the books he claims are autographed by Kirby for which he shows no signature at all.  Those auctions I reported to E-Bay as potentially fraudulent.