• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,047 posts in this topic

Seems like you've been working on your GL run for a while. Are you going to buy any GA GLs?

Oh man, that's one of my DREAM runs to own (the Golden Age GL title). So far I own only one issue (thanks to a fellow forumite, no less) and I'm trying to get Zonker to sell me one that he has but doesn't like because of all the tape on the pages (that the seller didn't tell him about). grin.gif I'd love to own the full run someday, and hopefully I will.

And yes, I've been working on the GL run for quite a while. I'm trying to get full runs of a lot of different titles, so it's been tough to focus on just one. It just worked out where that's the title that I had the fewest number of issues left to get the full run, so I decided to concentrate on finishing it. I was hoping to finish it by the end of the year, but here it is mid-November and I'm nearly done! smile.gif

Let's see, what's next.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Seems like you've been working on your GL run for a while. Are you going to buy any GA GLs?

Oh man, that's one of my DREAM runs to own (the Golden Age GL title). So far I own only one issue (thanks to a fellow forumite, no less) and I'm trying to get Zonker to sell me one that he has but doesn't like because of all the tape on the pages (that the seller didn't tell him about). grin.gif I'd love to own the full run someday, and hopefully I will.

Which GA issue do you own? I saw Zonker had his #30 up for sale on eBay recently. I'd like to own #10 someday with the first appearance of Vandal Savage. So far I've only read one GA GL story. The only one reprinted in 100-pagers is #37s "Too Many Suspects" reprinted in Detective #440.

Which GA issue do you own? I saw Zonker had his #30 up for sale on eBay recently. I'd like to own #10 someday with the first appearance of Vandal Savage. So far I've only read one GA GL story. The only one reprinted in 100-pagers is #37s "Too Many Suspects" reprinted in Detective #440.

Even though I hate the tape, #30 was one of Ian Levine's last few-dozen or so DCs. It also has a double-dose of Alex Toth art. Very hard to find, so I'm in no hurry to sell it unless an upgrade is in sight.

But I have no problem trying to flip it for a silly price! insane.gif Isn't that what eBay invented 10 cent listing day for? confused-smiley-013.gifyay.gif

I own a Golden Age GL #5 that has a fake cover. I do hope to own the entire run someday. I want to own them more from a historical perspective than anything else (as opposed to thinking that the storylines are going to blow me away 27_laughing.gif). Those little pieces of comic history can have a high pricetag sometimes, though, so I'll have to do a little bit at a time. grin.gif

Even though I hate the tape, #30 was one of Ian Levine's last few-dozen or so DCs. It also has a double-dose of Alex Toth art. Very hard to find, so I'm in no hurry to sell it unless an upgrade is in sight.

Just keep focusing on how much you absolutely cannot STAND to own a book that has all that ugly, nasty, detracting tape on all those pages. grin.gif

But I have no problem trying to flip it for a silly price! insane.gif Isn't that what eBay invented 10 cent listing day for? confused-smiley-013.gifyay.gif

*sigh* Evidently, yes, that's what it's for. grin.gif