• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BOTTOM 10 - Worst Comic Book Movies
2 2

71 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

He was the highlight of the film. And like bad beer, bad sex and bad pizza, bad comic book movies are still fun. I couldn't even list Superman IV or the 1990 Captain America in the worst list because I enjoy them thoroughly whenever I watch them, even though they are inept.

4) Bad sex

3) Bad comic book movies

2) Bad pizza

1) Bad beer

It's not a film - The Spirit wins that hands-down - but 'Fear The walking Dead' gets a mention.

Filmed on the cheap in Mexico - and boy does it show.

If you want to save money - film less episodes!

On 10/20/2018 at 12:23 AM, Batman said:

How can any X-Men (or even DCEU :baiting:) movie appear on a bottom 10 list when these have been made...

10) Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

9) Daredevil

8) Elektra

7) Fantastic Four (2015)

6) Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

5) Batman & Robin

4) The Spirit

3) Catwoman

2) Hulk (2003)

1) Steel

This was the first I felt the need to comment on.  2003 Hulk. Yes, bad movie. However, I bought it because I like to jump to certain scenes. If you just watch from where he breaks out and starts running and Hulk jumping through the desert, those scenes rival any Hulk scene in any movie he’s ever appeared in, including the Avengers. It is straight perfection as far as a living comic book. Casting couldn’t have been better.  Too bad the movie sucked.

Here's the thing... Hulk was made in the early 2000's as a stand-alone, while X3 and Apocalypse both failed to capitalize on promising trilogies. I've never seen Elektra, The Spirit, or Steel, so I can't personally judge them. I'm not as harsh on Daredevil as many appear to be.

Not a single MCU movie merits an inclusion on this list IMO. While Thor: The Dark World or The Incredible Hulk (or whatever is at the bottom of your list) may certainly be weak in terms of a Marvel Studios film, they have great visuals, compelling characters and half-decent stories. Most of these movies lack all 3 of those.

5 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Here's the thing... Hulk was made in the early 2000's as a stand-alone, while X3 and Apocalypse both failed to capitalize on promising trilogies. I've never seen Elektra, The Spirit, or Steel, so I can't personally judge them. I'm not as harsh on Daredevil as many appear to be.

Not a single MCU movie merits an inclusion on this list IMO. While Thor: The Dark World or The Incredible Hulk (or whatever is at the bottom of your list) may certainly be weak in terms of a Marvel Studios film, they have great visuals, compelling characters and half-decent stories. Most of these movies lack all 3 of those.

Oh, you should most certainly watch "The Spirit" - everyone deserves to feel the need to rip their eyeballs out of their head at least once in their life.

It's not just the worst comic related movie, it's very probably the worst medium budget film EVER made.

I cannot begin to describe how truly pointless and dire this film was.

Watch it and pray for death - if I had to suffer, you should too.

:pullhair:

1-batman and robin

2-batman

3-batman returns

4-batman fornever 

5-batman begins

6-dark knight

7-dark knight rises

8-whatever the next batman movie is

9-dark knight

10-dark knight rises

4 hours ago, Beige said:

Oh, you should most certainly watch "The Spirit" - everyone deserves to feel the need to rip their eyeballs out of their head at least once in their life.

It's not just the worst comic related movie, it's very probably the worst medium budget film EVER made.

Can it really be worse than Punisher: War Zone? I already wasted 10 minutes of my life on that eye-eviscerating chit show.

17 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Can it really be worse than Punisher: War Zone? I already wasted 10 minutes of my life on that eye-eviscerating chit show.

Punisher War Zone would win the oscar for best film compared to this turdburger.

Seriously - watch it - if you make the 30 minute mark and still want to live, you'd pretty much be the first to make that feat.

It is so bad, it's impossible to diss it enough.

15 hours ago, Beige said:

Punisher War Zone would win the oscar for best film compared to this turdburger.

Seriously - watch it - if you make the 30 minute mark and still want to live, you'd pretty much be the first to make that feat.

Anyone know if it's on Netflix or Hulu? I'm not paying to watch it, and I'm not gonna risk getting dinged by my ISP for downloading copyright property again...

On 10/25/2018 at 12:24 AM, Beige said:

On 10/25/2018 at 5:24 AM, Beige said:

Yup.

Miller took a great big dump on the all-time classic work of one of my all-time favourite, godlike comic creators.  

That’s actually too polite and restrained a description to do justice.

Edited by Ken Aldred

5 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Miller took a great big dump on the all-time classic work of one of my all-time favourite, godlike comic creators.  

That’s actually too polite and restrained a description to do justice.

I have not watched The Spirit, I’ve trusted the nearly unanimous consensus here to stay away.  And it’s a shame too because Miller has a great respect for Eisner, he just apparently screwed up the movie.  Miller seems best as a creative consultant and not behind the camera.  I’m not sure how much involvement he had with Sin City and 300 but those were fantastic translations. 

1 hour ago, Oddball said:

I’m not sure how much involvement he had with Sin City and 300 but those were fantastic translations. 

Miller had Robert Rodriguez with him on Sin City and Zack Snyder on 300.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

This really says enough for me:

"Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times gave the film one out of four stars and said, "There is not a trace of human emotion in it. To call the characters cardboard is to insult a useful packing material."

It’s a generous assessment.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:16 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I beg to differ.  Howard The Duck is a horrid movie that a lot of people have wiped from their memories when lists like this pops up.

She had sex with a Duck that plays guitar.  Think about thathm.

I had no desire to see this, but you just ignited a sudden interest in seeing that scene only.  hm

On 10/19/2018 at 11:14 AM, Black_Adam said:

With the exception of the weird take at the end on Deadpool I actually really liked Wolverine: Origins (saw it twice in the theaters AND bought the DVD!). i love Liev Schreiber as Sabertooth and demand this movie be removed off everyone's Top 10 Worst Superhero Movie Lists!  :sumo:

+1

On 10/22/2018 at 1:32 PM, Oddball said:

This was the first I felt the need to comment on.  2003 Hulk. Yes, bad movie. However, I bought it because I like to jump to certain scenes. If you just watch from where he breaks out and starts running and Hulk jumping through the desert, those scenes rival any Hulk scene in any movie he’s ever appeared in, including the Avengers. It is straight perfection as far as a living comic book. Casting couldn’t have been better.  Too bad the movie sucked.

My thoughts exactly.  Also the critic reviews weren't horrible on that film, just mixed.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 10/24/2018 at 7:24 PM, Beige said:

I'm such a Miller fan and and loved the first Sin City movie so much that I thought I would enjoy this despite the critical panning, but wow, I couldn't watch it for more than 15 minutes without cringing dozens of times at the pure cheese.  :eek: