• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Fall Signature Auction
5 5

307 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Microbia said:

My one big HA win... great cover, high SI index, mid grade condition, nice paper, and best of all, I got it for way under my max bid!

AD497D0B-F353-48A3-9D96-E694305403DF.png

Definitely a long and much under appreciated book from my point of view and a beautiful pickup for any collector.  :applause:

Especially since I consider it to be a poor man's version of the much more highly acclaimed and classic Suspense 3 cover by Schomburg that would come out a couple issues later.  hm

4 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

The truth is simply that the "competition" is not competition at all. Control comes from providing a better, more dependable service. Love you, Cat, but you are truly tilting at windmills on this topic.

And the other guy does not...with untimely delivery, difficulty in talking to customer service, and the only real way of communation is going on their boards and they still accept  what they cannot grade in an acceptable time frame. I agree not even close to being a competitor yet...maybe down the road, I think the gravity of economics and well as a slight decrease in auction results vs CGC will force them to merge with CGC. I know their close relationship with Mycomicsshop.com in terms of locations does give them a change to survive especially with the way MCS is buying dealers and collections according to their newsletter. MCS probably has overtaken Mile High in terms of quantity of quality material as the largest comic book dealer in the world and they can pick them up or get dropped off at the other guys location.. I would of assumed that CGC itself would of branched out in other areas by now. I could envision the CGC creating its own auction division providing a "discount" given to CGC graded books only. They have the best comic book boards in the world, which would lead to a easy creation of a platform of the exclusive auction of CGC graded  comic material..that would also put pressure on the other guy to follow suit...they would never catch up.....

Edited by Mmehdy

13 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

And the other guy does not...with untimely delivery, difficulty in talking to customer service, and the only real way of communation is going on their boards and they still accept  what they cannot grade in an acceptable time frame. I agree not even close to being a competitor yet...maybe down the road, I think the gravity of economics and well as a slight decrease in auction results vs CGC will force them to merge with CGC. I know their close relationship with Mycomicsshop.com in terms of locations does give them a change to survive especially with the way MCS is buying dealers and collections according to their newsletter. MCS probably has overtaken Mile High in terms of quantity of quality material as the largest comic book dealer in the world and they can pick them up or get dropped off at the other guys location.. I would of assumed that CGC itself would of branched out in other areas by now. I could envision the CGC creating its own auction division providing a "discount" given to CGC graded books only. They have the best comic book boards in the world, which would lead to a easy creation of a platform of the exclusive auction of CGC graded  comic material..that would also put pressure on the other guy to follow suit...they would never catch up.....

Has MCS been sending books to them for grading?  I don't recall seeing many of their books on the MCS site.

I think they made a significant mistake delaying and then making a mess of their chat board.  Might not seem very important, but I'm convinced that this chat board has been important to CGC's success.

38 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
20 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

No one cares about the other grading company. 

Their mothers care. 

Even their mothers have rejected them. It is really a horrible situation over there.

40 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Has MCS been sending books to them for grading?  I don't recall seeing many of their books on the MCS site.

I think they made a significant mistake delaying and then making a mess of their chat board.  Might not seem very important, but I'm convinced that this chat board has been important to CGC's success.

yes they have been sending books from collections they have acquired or on consignment, there is a mile long backup that is why you don't see many on site yet. They claim there is going to be a "new" state of the art chat board..however they had better answer there phone first...if you ask me they will never really be a threat to the CGC given the new additional layer of corporate BS they have to go thru to function, if they were not bought, they were finished unless sold to the CGC so they did a sideways merger...still they are gonna be sold at some point with CGC...they just took away some of the PGX and other side business. But CGC could benefit  from putting a second location in that same area or California might be better to expand and increase good customer service and put more pressure on the other guy to merge. As it becomes more apparent to GA collectors that a CGC graded book will bring more auction $$$ the worse it gets for the other guy. Just look at this auction, not much in the way of the other guy and they are in the same area.

Edited by Mmehdy

4 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

yes they have been sending books from collections they have acquired or on consignment, there is a mile long backup that is why you don't see many on site yet. They claim there is going to be a "new" state of the art chat board..however they had better answer there phone first...if you ask me they will never really be a threat to the CGC given the new additional layer of corporate BS they have to go thru to function, if they were not bought, they were finished unless sold to the CGC so they did a sideways merger...still they are gonna be sold at some point with CGC...they just took away some of the PGX and other side business. But CGC could benefit  from putting a second location in that same area or California might be better to expand and increase good customer service and put more pressure on the other guy to merge.

Open a business in CA :whatthe:

maybe Nevada or Arizona but not CA. 

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

Open a business in CA :whatthe:

maybe Nevada or Arizona but not CA. 

there are a lot of GA/SA collectors here and a large number of shows including Terry,SDCC etc...which could expedite service which is the other guys weakness right now....more costly agreed 

Edited by Mmehdy

14 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

there are a lot of GA/SA collectors here and a large number of shows including Terry,SDCC etc...which could expedite service which is the other guys weakness right now....more costly agreed 

After about ten minutes of looking into doing a business in CA I quickly realized it wasn’t worth the nonstop regulation changes and additions, super high taxes, and high cost of everything. It wasn’t worth it

2 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

After about ten minutes of looking into doing a business in CA I quickly realized it wasn’t worth the nonstop regulation changes and additions, super high taxes, and high cost of everything. It wasn’t worth it

from a $$$ standpoint Nev and Ariz much more friendly to business, agreed.

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

There is a lot of good material coming out between Heritage, clink, and comicconnect 

Agreed. All phenomenal,  but I'm a bit more partial to C'Link this time around though. 

28 minutes ago, sagii said:

Agreed. All phenomenal,  but I'm a bit more partial to C'Link this time around though. 

They have a few items I wouldn’t mind chasing but for some reason I am flat broke. 

Just now, Ghastly542454 said:

I won this one from Hakes! I love it!

IMG_3801.PNG

Great cover and a real early issue (thumbsu

5 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
On 11/18/2018 at 2:35 PM, MrBedrock said:

No one cares about the other grading company. 

Their mothers care. 

Even their mothers have rejected them. It is really a horrible situation over there.

:cry:

On 11/18/2018 at 4:56 PM, MrBedrock said:

The truth is simply that the "competition" is not competition at all. Control comes from providing a better, more dependable service. Love you, Cat, but you are truly tilting at windmills on this topic.

Is Borock still with them?  I thought he had greater potential than the outcome generated.