• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The hard to find club in general
7 7

611 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I doubt I will be bidding on any of them. They are all  outstanding but I imagine that they will each go for an outstanding price and none are must have for me. 

I remember looking through that run forty years ago at Burrel Rowe's house. He had them in binders. I could pull any individual one of the comics out and thumb through them. They were all so beautiful. The next time I saw them was in 1982 as Burrel was selling them to Geppi. $4000 for the whole run. I doubt any single one of them will go for $4000 or less now.

Facinating story. Thanks for sharing (thumbsu

5 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

$4000 for the whole run. I doubt any single one of them will go for $4000 or less now. 

And there I was wasting my money on that college edumacayshun. :tonofbricks:

3 hours ago, comicjack said:

Mr Bedrock posted his copy so i would say it is tough. I love books like this one from Billy Wright who had many great ones.

102_5404.thumb.JPG.ff5a87ca40e073bcd221e6f08d9f76e0.JPG

One of my very favorite covers. The subject matter, the tone, the colors they used, and the cool primitiveness of it all.

19 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I doubt I will be bidding on any of them. They are all  outstanding but I imagine that they will each go for an outstanding price and none are must have for me. 

I remember looking through that run forty years ago at Burrel Rowe's house. He had them in binders. I could pull any individual one of the comics out and thumb through them. They were all so beautiful. The next time I saw them was in 1982 as Burrel was selling them to Geppi. $4000 for the whole run. I doubt any single one of them will go for $4000 or less now.

Not a bad deal... Burrell sold them for double what he paid Chuckie and had a bunch of Fawcetts and ECs left over!

Geppi probably doubled his money too.  :devil:

On 11/23/2018 at 1:40 PM, MrBedrock said:

daring4.jpg

Those were some tough dudes:  They've got guns, they've got sledgehammers, they've got TNT, they've got torches, they're apparently using poison gas. :whatthe:

On 11/23/2018 at 4:12 PM, MrBedrock said:

The ones you thumbed through might. 

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
On 11/23/2018 at 12:40 PM, MrBedrock said:

daring4.jpg

Those were some tough dudes:  They've got guns, they've got sledgehammers, they've got TNT, they've got torches, they're apparently using poison gas. :whatthe:

You better have all of that stuff when you are trying to steal gold. 2c