• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bought my first Golden Age Book ..... it may be a gateway book :)

22 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Problem is I love Silver Age books too much (just picked up an Avengers 4 and Superboy 68) - and need to add a Daredevil 1, Avengers 1, Brave and Bold 28, Action Comics 242, Adventure Comics 247 and the list goes on - point being too many books, too little cash hahahahahahaha

But I do love the scarcity and the hunting required for Golden Age books especially versus Marvel Silver Age (where all you need is the $$$ - although that is also why I love collecting early DC Silver Age because they are tougher to track down)

Started with Silver as a kid, bought me a Superman #6 about 13 years ago ..... went GA nuts for about 10 years .... then went back to compete SA keys, now into mainly original art

and it never ends...... :tink: 

Edited by fishbone

5 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Problem is I love Silver Age books too much (just picked up an Avengers 4 and Superboy 68) - and need to add a Daredevil 1, Avengers 1, Brave and Bold 28, Action Comics 242, Adventure Comics 247 and the list goes on - point being too many books, too little cash hahahahahahaha

But I do love the scarcity and the hunting required for Golden Age books especially versus Marvel Silver Age (where all you need is the $$$ - although that is also why I love collecting early DC Silver Age because they are tougher to track down)

Here's a very late GA DC.  Do you have this one?

23669497678_fbd09aae7b_c.jpg