• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

Every now and then I come across some information the veracity of which can be confirmed by a second source. What happens FAR more often is that I come across some information that while believable and from trustworthy sources, cannot be confirmed by other sources for various reasons. Typically, when the second scenario occurs, I move on and forget about the information unless, in rare instances, it turns out to be proven true somewhere down the road.

With two different Disney Plus series under production at the same time, rumors are running rampant and while it’s a ton of fun to sort through them all, not all of them make a ton of sense; however, I recently came across one that, while unverified, makes a lot of sense. It’s important to understand that, because I can’t verify this with a second source, I myself am treating it as a rumor which means, for the time being, I don’t believe it myself. It’s also important to understand that the information provided would be spoilery if did turn out to be true.

So please read at your own risk and please make an effort to represent what you’ve read here as nothing more than a rumor. This isn’t a “hot scoop”, at least not yet. For now, they it is nothing more than a compelling rumor that should generate plenty of great discussion among the MCU fan community. 

Spoiler

Things I heard this week: Zola will make an appearance in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

Could Zola be here? It’s possible, I guess. The man was obsessed with carrying on his work despite being diagnosed with a fatal illness and worked out a way to upload his consciousness into a computer. Of course the last time we saw him in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, his brain was destroyed when Camp Lehigh was bombed.

intro-1556725923.jpg?w=525&ssl=1

It’s possible that Zola could have found some other means by which to preserve his consciousness, but I think there is another, more intriguing possibility and that is that this might not be Arnim Zola at all but, instead, his daughter Jet Zola.

2000?cb=20140209005702

First introduced in 2013’s Captain America Vol. 7, #1, Jet, and her brother Leopold/Ian, were created by Zola during his time in Dimension Z. Obviously we aren’t going down that crazy road, but it’s possible that the work we saw Zola begin in Captain America: The First Avenger that led to Bucky surviving his fall and becoming the Winter Soldier could have carried on during his time at S.H.I.E.L.D. Furthermore, it’s possible that Zemo could have discovered this work and follow up on it as he attempts to assemble his own super-powered squad of Thunderbolts.

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER Rumored To Introduce The Thunderbolts

thunderbolts-wallpapers-27721-6910580.jp

There have been rumblings for a while now that the Thunderbolts are coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (with the stage being set for that in Black Widow), and a new rumour claims that the team could appear in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. 

As of right now, no details have been shared in regards to how this would happen, but Baron Zemo creating his own team of villains who masquerade as heroes does make sense. Then again, there has been no casting news which would point to characters like Songbird or Mach-IV making an appearance (which could mean they either haven't been cast yet or are just being kept a secret).

Rumours have been swirling for a while now that "Thunderbolt" Ross will assemble the Thunderbolts and that Yelena Belova could be his first recruit. Bucky is definitely another character who would fit in well there. Ultimately, it just depends what direction Marvel decides to take the team creatively. 

As we mentioned, this should definitely be taken with a pinch of salt, but it's hard not to get excited about the prospect of finally seeing the team in action in this shared world. 

‘The Falcon And The Winter Soldier’: Noah Mills Joins Cast Of Disney+ Series

EXCLUSIVE: The Enemy Within and The Brave alum Noah Mills has signed on to cast of the Disney+ Marvel Studios series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Deadline has learned, joining Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Bruhl, Emily VanCamp, Wyatt Russell, Desmond Chiam and Miki Ishikawa.

The upcoming series, a spinoff of the Captain America movies, has Mackie and Stan reprising their respective roles as the Falcon and Bucky Barnes, which Deadline exclusively reported will be directed by Kari Skogland.

It’s been revealed that Bruhl will reprise his role as Baron Zemo while VanCamp will return as Sharon Carter (aka Agent 13), and Russell will play John Walker who is also known in the comics as the fanatic Super Patriot. Specific details about the story as well as other roles are being kept tightly under wraps. Disney has declined to comment. The series, executive produced by Malcolm Spellman, is slated to premiere on Disney+ in August.

Sebastian Stan has shared a photo on Instagram from the set of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier and, well, we can now finally say that Battlestar is indeed coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe! As you can see in the photo below, Stan is pictures alongside Anthony Mackie (The Falcon), Wyatt Russell (Captain America), and Clé Bennett.

He's clearly in a superhero costume, of sorts, and there's a huge star on his chest which is an obvious nod to what Battlestar wears in his comic book adventures. 

For those of you unfamiliar with Lemar Hoskins, he received augmented strength from the Power Broker, and acted as sidekick to his close friend John Walker when he assumed the role of Captain America. In other words, he's going to be the Bucky to the MCU's (deranged?) new Captain America.

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER Set Video Features The New Captain America In Action

cap01.PNG.53a26a29d8d8c8e03a0230bbe6a7da28.PNG

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier is still shooting in Atlanta, and we now have an awesome new set video featuring Wyatt Russell's Captain America fighting off a group of pretty regular looking people. Assuming rumors about the Madbomb being in the Disney+ TV series are correct, it could be that these members of the public have fallen under its influence.

What's really interesting about this video is that Sebastian Stand's Bucky can be seen seemingly working with John Walker as he attempts to free some hostages in the background. 

It could be that they find themselves reluctant allies at this point in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (it's hard to say with this footage taken out of context), but the new Captain America definitely seems to have a dirtier, more brutal fighting style than Steve Rogers ever did.

Disney will have this video taken down rapidly. Though it only has the smallest details.

Including John Walker as a new Captain America isn't all that small a detail.  I'm more interested now than I was before since Sam as Captain America makes no sense given that he has no powers, but a less-moral version of a powered Cap should be interesting.

Edited by fantastic_four

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER Set Video Features A Huge Fight Scene And Some Surprising New Details

173621.jpg

Murphy's Multiverse has shared some new photos and videos from the set of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, and the site reveals that one major action set-piece in the show will revolve around some sort of hostage situation at the 2023 G20 Summit in New York City. 

Based on what we see here, it seems like a group of villains will assemble to attack, and potentially kidnap, the world leaders in attendance. The person who took these tells the site that, "The 2 armored vehicles come to a stop and 4 people run toward them. You can’t tell from the this but all 4 of them appeared to be females and they all wore masks. One of the ‘bad guys’ with the masks had brilliantly bright, long red curly hair."

It's hard to see in the video below (more footage and images can be found by following the link above), but John Walker's Captain America ends up being taken down by this girl gang, and it's Bucky who actually comes to his rescue. 

Who are these women? Well, the site speculates that this could be the Grapplers. A group of female wrestlers given abilities by the Power Broker - who also transformed John Walker into a super soldier - the team was made up of villains like Titania, Letha, Poundcakes, and Screaming Mimi. The latter would later go on to be known as Thunderbolts member Songbird. 

Filming on Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier could be impacted by a likely ban on travel from the United States to the European Union. The upcoming show is one of several planned for Disney+ that will take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie will reprise their roles as the title heroes. However, it will feature other notable names from the Captain America movies as well, including Sharon Carter and Baron Zemo. The series will explore Sam Wilson wrestling with the Captain America mantle after Steve passed his shield onto him. The show is also rumored to introduce Isaiah Bradley, the first Black Captain America, which will likely affect Sam's story.

Unfortunately, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was one of the first productions affected by the coronavirus. According to Mackie, the show was almost done filming season 1 in Prague when production was shut down in March. Movies and TV shows can resume work there now. However, a likely EU travel ban could affect The Falcon and the Winter Solider's chances of getting back to work anytime soon.

Per CNN, visitors from the United States are "unlikely" to be allowed into the EU thanks to an impending travel ban. The New York Times first reported on the ban, with an EU diplomat now revealing "the U.S.'s chances are close to zero." Though the agreement isn't final yet, it reflects the United States' trouble with containing the spread of the coronavirus, especially in densely populated areas like Los Angeles and New York City, both hubs of the entertainment world.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier: New Release Date Could Be Revealed Soon After COVID-19 Delay

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’s new release date could be revealed soon after the coronavirus pandemic delay. When Marvel announced their three Disney+ series last year, no one could have guessed there would be these kinds of bumps in the road. Now, Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie’s series will be getting a slight delay as they try to return to filming. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was slated for August, and now, the new release date is up in the air. Entertainment Weekly has sources who indicate that the new premiere date will be announced soon if everything goes well with the resumed filming. But, much remains unclear, as a heartening moment for Scarlet Witch fans, it sounds like WandaVision’s production will be pretty much unchanged after all the hand-wringing going on behind the scenes.

For those getting a little antsy, Mackie has previously said that Falcon and the Winter Soldier has all that action you’ve come to expect in a Marvel movie stretched across the six hours. If they can manage the same positive fan reception that The Mandalorian achieved last year, it would go a long way toward getting things back on the right track.

"We were in Europe, and everything got crazy in Europe first," Mackie revealed. "So they shut us down two weeks before the U.S. shutdown. It was really amazing just because I feel like we're the first Marvel show or movie that had budget constraints. And that was always my [experience], 'It's Marvel, we could shoot forever.' And they're like, 'Nah.' So it was a very different experience from the rest of the movies. But at the same time, it was a lot of fun."

Stan was quick to tell fans who miss some of the espionage elements of the Captain America trilogy that they’re gonna get that itch scratched in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

"What I loved about it was that, tonally, it was very much in the same world that Captain America: The Winter Soldier was, which was one of my favorite experiences that I've ever had, period. So, in a sense, it was grounded and very much in the world as we know it," Stan offered before pointing out that this upcoming Disney+ series "also really jam-packed with a lot of massive, massive action scenes mixed with deep focus on character. That's what's really exciting about this."