• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEY! Did you win a *edited* page on eBay last week?

29 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Wait...WHAT?!?  Why do I never see these things on eVay?!? 

You missed it the same way everyone else missed it, because it was available for a whopping FOUR MINUTES as a BIN before it got snatched.  Seller has NO idea the amount of $$ he left on the table there.  Too bad.

Again, to the Winner, if you're reading this:  PM me.  I'll make it worth your while.

8 hours ago, thethedew said:

You missed it the same way everyone else missed it, because it was available for a whopping FOUR MINUTES as a BIN before it got snatched.  Seller has NO idea the amount of $$ he left on the table there.  Too bad.

Again, to the Winner, if you're reading this:  PM me.  I'll make it worth your while.

Most likely a dealer bought it then. How much did it BIN for? And who was the seller? 

UPDATE: I found the listing. Yep. They sold it for dirt cheap. I’d have jumped all over it if I saw it. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

8 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Most likely a dealer bought it then.

I've checked with The Usual Suspects, both flippers and dealers, with no joy.

The other known Micros collectors have weighed in, no joy there either.

3 hours ago, wurstisart said:

And have you tried contacting the seller ?

I was hoping to be able to avoid troubling the seller.  But I've just now sent along a request to forward a message, along with an offer of a tip for his trouble.  We'll see.

7 hours ago, wurstisart said:

So what is the FMV ?

A good question.

The most recent public sale of a Golden Micros page was THIS HERITAGE WIN from last year.  $2630 (with BP).  Not too unreasonable.

It's an action/spaceship page, and has all the Micros plus villain Shaitan.

Last week's eBay page has none of the Micros, only featuring secondary characters Slug and Prince Argon (eventual Force Commander).  It's a near-splash and very dramatic.

I'd place FMV for last week's page at about the same as the HA page, perhaps a touch less.  But in the ballpark. YMMV.

2 hours ago, Dayzen said:

Maybe a little off topic but what would be FMV for Michael Golden Micronauts color guides? I haven’t seen any for sale? 

In over 10 years of collecting, I have yet to encounter a single Golden-era Micros color guide (either the 1979 originals or 1983 reprints), so I couldn't say with authority what a FMV might be. 

Personally, I would be willing to pay $100/page if they were laid in front of me.  So, I guess that would be a FMV start.

There's no way to know for sure if they even survived.

1 hour ago, thethedew said:

In over 10 years of collecting, I have yet to encounter a single Golden-era Micros color guide (either the 1979 originals or 1983 reprints), so I couldn't say with authority what a FMV might be. 

Personally, I would be willing to pay $100/page if they were laid in front of me.  So, I guess that would be a FMV start.

There's no way to know for sure if they even survived.

You may be in luck. Someone I deal with says he has some. I’m not holding my breath but I’ll let you know.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:29 AM, Dayzen said:

Maybe a little off topic but what would be FMV for Michael Golden Micronauts color guides? I haven’t seen any for sale? 

I don't actively search for Golden Micronauts but I loved that as a kid and would have spent the $475 if I saw that.