• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

586 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2024 at 7:06 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Given today’s events, it’s time for a bump. Cap 1 is closing the gap . . .

3.0 ow/w vs. 2.5 cr/ow has me declaring a win for the 2.5 by more than a nose.

Both books are super cool. There is a strong case that CA 1 probably should be the higher valued book given it is the title character very first app and origin and Batman 1 is not. Still, the fact that CA and his rogues gallery are just not as good characters as Batman and his rogues gallery probably tips the scale for now. Batman 1 could even get a big bump off of the Joker movies now CA is out of the MCU.  

On 4/5/2024 at 1:06 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Given today’s events, it’s time for a bump. Cap 1 is closing the gap . . .

IMG_9631.jpeg

IMG_9630.jpeg

Thats a better comparison.  Bat's for the win. 

Never mind the gap between Cap 1 and Bat 1, what about the gap between Cap 1s?

The multiple of a 9.2 Cap 1 ($750k) over a 3.0 Cap 1 ($156k) is less than 5X?  Wow!!!  Particularly considering that Cap 1s are (along with Bat 1) the most common GA mega-key, so it's not like Cap 1s in low grade are that rare.   

On 4/4/2024 at 9:41 PM, sfcityduck said:

3.0 ow/w vs. 2.5 cr/ow has me declaring a win for the 2.5 by more than a nose.

Both books are super cool. There is a strong case that CA 1 probably should be the higher valued book given it is the title character very first app and origin and Batman 1 is not. Still, the fact that CA and his rogues gallery are just not as good characters as Batman and his rogues gallery probably tips the scale for now. Batman 1 could even get a big bump off of the Joker movies now CA is out of the MCU.  

Dont disagree, but due to Caps lucky birth into the Timely/Marvel world, he’s got better friends that resonate more with the youngsters. Spider-man, anyone? Heck, even Daredevil and Iron Man too. That alone will maintain some parity for our beleaguered Cap

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 4/5/2024 at 6:31 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Dont disagree, but due to Caps lucky birth into the Timely/Marvel world, he’s got better friends that resonate more with the youngsters. Spider-man, anyone? Heck, even Daredevil and Iron Man too. That alone will maintain some parity for our beleaguered Cap

Glad you sold your Batman 1 when you did going to take a bit before that book gets that price again.

If memory serves me right, I think you have a Cap 1 hm

On 4/5/2024 at 10:34 AM, woowoo said:

Glad you sold your Batman 1 when you did going to take a bit before that book gets that price again.

If memory serves me right, I think you have a Cap 1 hm

Hi Harold. Yes my Bat 1 was the same book that sold yesterday in heritage. When I sold it 2 years ago thru CC it went for crazy money, and I feel bad for yesterday’s consignor. 

yes I still have my Cap 1. I guess I should have sold it same time as the Bat 1!