• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tales of Suspense 39... EDIT: and the grade is in...
1 1

20 posts in this topic

The stains are definitely problematic. It would be helpful to know if they permeate the front cover. There is also a sizable tear, upper right Back Cover. There is long vertical creasing along the spine, as well as on the spine. There is also some long creases, though faint, on the bottom right cover. I just don't think this can make 6.0, but maybe 5.5 is attainable. Good Luck !!!! Nice book. 

On 11/12/2018 at 4:45 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

The stains are definitely problematic. It would be helpful to know if they permeate the front cover. There is also a sizable tear, upper right Back Cover. There is long vertical creasing along the spine, as well as on the spine. There is also some long creases, though faint, on the bottom right cover. I just don't think this can make 6.0, but maybe 5.5 is attainable. Good Luck !!!! Nice book. 

+1  The stains are going to bring it down of course plus the vertical stress along the spine.  The bottom staple looks recessed pretty good also and the tearing by that staple seen in the B.C. scan. I'd like to see the centerfold and how strong those staples are holding on the bottom. Still a nice book but I have to agree with Bob 5.5 tops.