• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Vol. 5

2 posts in this topic

I was slightly disappointed in Man of Steel Vol.2 for a 6-issue limited run. It's a decent prelude to the current run of Superman, though.

This volume has me seriously hooked 5 issues in. The artwork, dialogue, and story is all captivating in each book. I'm finding it difficult to keep interest page-to-page on most current titles, but Superman is seamlessly interesting. Huge kudos to the creative team that's been involved.

I did buy the new X-Men #1 on Wednesday, as well as ASM #1 & #2. Planning on reading those this weekend. Those are huge titles so I'm hoping they're in the same league as some of DC's 2016+ reboots (Green Lantern #1 is just okay).

I'm massively underwhelmed with this run of Superman. For me the Action Comics and Superman runs of Rebirth were great and summed up Supes charater a lot more than this run does.That's mostly down to Bendis not being able to write good dialogue for Superman and trying to undo all the good stuff that Rebirth set up between Supes and his family. Jettiisoning Lois and John was a dumb move unless he comes back as some Superboy Prime entity.