• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Maher on comics and Stan.
2 2

146 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Anyone have how to see what post you got a warning for. I didn’t think I posted anything controversial in this thread but still scored a warning

from now on I only post

“CGC does an amazing job”

”wow that’s very insightful please tell me more”

”cool books”

If you go to the moderation thread your posts should be there 

36 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Anyone have how to see what post you got a warning for. I didn’t think I posted anything controversial in this thread but still scored a warning

from now on I only post

“CGC does an amazing job”

”wow that’s very insightful please tell me more”

”cool books”

If you go to the moderation thread your posts should be there 

Ha - I never knew that existed until now!

Definitely a walk down memory lane, and definitely some of my best stuff!

19 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Bill is a real D*** still going on about this.

“I’m not glad Stan Lee is Dead, I’m sad you’re alive.” 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c438b19e4b0a8dbe171f00f

:pullhair:

He’s as desperate for attention as the average Kardashian.

4 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I watched him do his rant last night and lets see, people that like comics are childish and he gave up childish things when he became a man, but he still smokes pot like some loser pimple faced kid hanging out in the unfinished basement with the pee stained couch.  Got it.

@batman_fan send him one of your many Dupe's that smell's like great Goldenage he will be hooked.

I watched the show on Friday. He never criticized Stan he went on about people who think comics are important and comparable to the works of Shakespeare. Which with very, very few exceptions they are not comparable, if we’re being honest. 

I love comics but they’re mostly formulaic and silly, just like sports or other things grown men obsess about

Also someone has a differing opinion so let’s hate them? 

8 minutes ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

I watched the show on Friday. He never criticized Stan he went on about people who think comics are important and comparable to the works of Shakespeare. Which with very, very few exceptions they are not comparable, if we’re being honest. 

I love comics but they’re mostly formulaic and silly, just like sports or other things grown men obsess about

That's ridiculous. There is good and bad literature. There is good and bad art. Surely no one is suggesting one creative art form is more important than another?

I actually had a pretty good laugh watching that clip. Just took it as being roasted and admittedly many aspects of comic fandom make for easy targets. I figure be glad it wasn’t Don Rickles (Actually that would be awesome!)

I don’t think it’s a stretch for the keepers of the funny books to laugh this stuff off, after all we (or most) balance work/carriers, pay our bills, raise our families and treat each other (I’m hoping) with respect. It doesn’t get any more adult than that.

Edited by Mr Sneeze

1 hour ago, Mr Sneeze said:

I actually had a pretty good laugh watching that clip. Just took it as being roasted and admittedly many aspects of comic fandom make for easy targets. I figure be glad it wasn’t Don Rickles (Actually that would be awesome!)

I don’t think it’s a stretch for the keepers of the funny books to laugh this stuff off, after all we (or most) balance work/carriers, pay our bills, raise our families and treat each other (I’m hoping) with respect. It doesn’t get any more adult than that.

I agree with your comments. The one aspect I cannot forgive is the attack on comic book fandom only a few days after Stan Lee passed. To me, that was highly disrespectful.

8 minutes ago, mrc said:

I agree with your comments. The one aspect I cannot forgive is the attack on comic book fandom only a few days after Stan Lee passed. To me, that was highly disrespectful.

That’s his MO.  No one would care, except HBO keeps him around and enough people pay their subscription fee.  Just take solace that he’s a sad little man that will one day die in total irrelevance in some obscure corner of his bitter little world.

3 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

Maher originally targeted Stan's legacy, then he saw all of the backlash from the disgusting remark he made, and in an attempt to cover his butt , he tried shifting the focus on just the fans: “I’m not glad Stan Lee is dead, I’m sad you’re alive". This is so much more than just a differing opinion. This is big time bully mentality. 

Edited by Darkowl