• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decoupage! And Other Things Made With Comics
1 1

72 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Ssantoss said:

I refurbished an old dresser I got from my grandpa, gave it some new life. Next project is a mirror that have wide edges, and a new living room table. Been saving up broken comics and true believer copies. 

Byrå.jpg

That is brilliant! :headbang:

17 hours ago, W16227 said:

lol - many here defiantly know decoupage!!!!   Ditch posted a link to a thread that spawned some now deleted classic ..um.... discussions???????   ( think Friday posts going completely off the rails) .....

Is there nothing on here that hasn't been done before! :cry:

53 minutes ago, telerites said:

I did this little shelf for my great-nephew recently.

20180411_150114.thumb.jpg.8b4cb0db71804e91e5bee27d64cfbe07.jpg

And a very lovely shelf it is :)

What does he put on it?

10 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Yes. They’re homages to The Opening of the Seventh Seal by El Greco and The Scream by Edward Munch. 

Cool. Must've took ages. 

I did this with a box with my son like 6 or 7 years ago. Just took a flat rate PM box and made it into a comic box and then covered it with comic cuttings 'n glue.

My question, as furniture, how does the newsprint hold up or is the layer of dried glop so strong it does not matter?

19 hours ago, the blob said:

I did this with a box with my son like 6 or 7 years ago. Just took a flat rate PM box and made it into a comic box and then covered it with comic cuttings 'n glue.

My question, as furniture, how does the newsprint hold up or is the layer of dried glop so strong it does not matter?

If you mean the chairs I posted above, they're fabric. The thread title is decoupage and 'other things'. It's all been quite decoupagey so far - the chairs are examples of the other things :)