• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanksgiving Golden Age Sale, HUGE Books - Sensation #1 & Detective #35! PRICE CUTS

22 posts in this topic

First of, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on the boards and to your families!  Be safe and eat well :nyah: .  

Now let's get down to business.  Selling both of these Golden Age gem books!  Here are all the rules below:

Payment:  Due to the large amount of money involved, I will only be accepting cash (if in person transaction to meet in the Los Angeles area), check (needs to clear before shipment), and bank M.O.

Returns/Refunds:  All sales final and no returns since the books were graded by a 3rd party.  Also, the funds are going towards some bills to be paid and would prefer to pay them at once instead of rolling over month to month. 

Time Payments: I can accept up to 3 months, 0% interest time payments if needed with a 20% non-refundable down payment, and equal amount monthly payments thereafter.  

Shipping: Shipping available only to the contiguous U.S., no international shipment please.  Shipping is free!

NO HOS'ers please.  Serious buyers only!  Any questions, please PM me.  First one with a :takeit: takes it either via the thread or PM (timestamp will be used to see who posted earlier).  Thanks!

Edited by Dark Knight

1 hour ago, Ghastly542454 said:

If only I had an extra $60,000 lying around!! And I’m in the LA area!!!😢😥😪 Would go great with my Sensation #6 which I also bought in person from someone in the LA area.

492713F2-FB31-4F22-BB17-1FF0AD3F727E.jpeg

That's a beauty of a copy!!!  Maybe you can look underneath your couch or something to find that extra $60k :wishluck:.  Would certainly look very nice together!

4 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Detective Comics #35 CGC 5.0 Offwhite Pages Conserved.  CGC Notes "Spine splits sealed to cover, cover reinforced."  That's it!  Very minimal and 99% of the book is all original!  Beautiful looking copy with no ugly writing on front cover, stains, rusty staples, etc.  Looks a lot better than its assigned grade.  Priced below what a 4.5 unrestored sold for last year!

Price: $50,000 

Tec 35 5.0.jpg

Tec 35 Back.jpg

:applause:Nice eye appeal Brian 

On 11/20/2018 at 12:23 PM, Dark Knight said:

Detective Comics #35 CGC 5.0 Offwhite Pages Conserved.  CGC Notes "Spine splits sealed to cover, cover reinforced."  That's it!  Very minimal and 99% of the book is all original!  Beautiful looking copy with no ugly writing on front cover, stains, rusty staples, etc.  Looks a lot better than its assigned grade.  Priced below what a 4.5 unrestored sold for last year!

Price: $50,000   $45,000

Tec 35 5.0.jpg

What a pretty copy!

As time marches on, and certain key books reach the pricing stratosphere, conserved/resto copies should become more and more desirable. :luhv:

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

What a pretty copy!

As time marches on, and certain key books reach the pricing stratosphere, conserved/resto copies should become more and more desirable. :luhv:

Thanks Steve and it sure is. Book is just fun to own, should be graded higher I think. 

I guess I'll see you at Terry's show on Jan.? 

A couple great books Brian, especially the 35 ! If I'm not mistaken that used to be Court's former copy that you picked up from Bob Storms.

I would love to upgrade but can't atm.

Edited by Gotham Kid

21 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

A couple great books Brian, especially the 35 ! If I'm not mistaken that used to be Court's former copy that you picked up from Bob Storms.

I would love to upgrade but can't atm.

Thanks Peter! Used to be Court's copy, had to choose between this or the Tec 33 blue 1.5 at that time. Went with the 35 due to stronger eye appeal. When I asked Court about his 33 a short time later he said he had already sold it. 

Not sure where Court bought it from, but i guess you know more about the history than I do. It's certainly a stunner!