• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration resources

13 posts in this topic

SO sorry, but could somebody give me the contact information for the two comic art restorers that were mentioned here before? Tried searching the postings, but without luck. Thanks so much!

Edited by oldwhy

In the many threads on paper conservation, the names that recur the most were:

I would add that most major museums know of paper conservators. You might want to contact someone at a local museum and see if there is a conservator close to you.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:17 PM, alxjhnsn said:
I would add that most major museums know of paper conservators. You might want to contact someone at a local museum and see if there is a conservator close to you.

Yeah, my local museum in Liverpool (UK) has a paper conservator that I've used on a Movie Poster original artwork restoration project.  The good thing is that he's nearby and I can discuss with him in person the options available and listen to expert advice/recommendations on the way forward.

21 hours ago, Peter L said:

Does anyone know if any of these restorers can repair tears in paper?  I have an old poster that I would like repaired.

If it is a "blind" tear (practically invisible) with no paper loss, I have, in the past, used Filmoplast library tape on the back for an archival common tear, unless you have a piece that is worth tens of thousands of dollars.  David

Just wanted to give some kudos to Gordon Christman for "liberating" a piece from the foamcore which it had been dry-mounted on since the 80s. His communication was great, price was more than reasonable, and turnaround was prompt. Your art is in good hands!

37 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Just wanted to give some kudos to Gordon Christman for "liberating" a piece from the foamcore which it had been dry-mounted on since the 80s. His communication was great, price was more than reasonable, and turnaround was prompt. Your art is in good hands!

Drymounted...wow...that's cool. DM is the kiss of death in the print and movie poster worlds.