• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

show us your Mile Highs (Edgar Church copies)
7 7

635 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cpt Kirk said:

It appreciated quite a bit, but my wife (math professor) quickly pointed out that my overall rate of return was only about 2%....

In most jurisdictions this would be considered spousal abuse. rantrant

16 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

just ran thru this thread for kicks, didn't see that i every posted this'un.  in case i did, plz pardon the repost.

planet16.jpg

That is a lovely copy, Mr. Parker.  It looks like it needs regrading!

Edited by cheetah

2 minutes ago, cheetah said:

That is a lovely copy, Me. Parker.  It looks like it needs regrading!

It needs a new home.

Not the prettiest due to the mis-cut, but here’s my entry. I tried to reason with CGC to update the label for this that it's the 1st gorilla cover in comics or 1st comic to showcase a gorilla on the cover, however you want to say it. There's a fun backstory online with the history of the book, and how this comic made it popular going forward to put gorillas on covers. Alas, I lost the battle for that lol. I may be reaching haha, but I choose to believe you could make an argument that this book paved the way for the creation of the DC villain, Gorilla Grodd. Just my .02.

81AF08B4-118C-4B5E-A5AF-03F4DE7771C0.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Not the prettiest due to the mis-cut, but here’s my entry. I tried to reason with CGC to update the label for this that it's the 1st gorilla cover in comics or 1st comic to showcase a gorilla on the cover, however you want to say it. There's a fun backstory online with the history of the book, and how this comic made it popular going forward to put gorillas on covers. Alas, I lost the battle for that lol. I may be reaching haha, but I choose to believe you could make an argument that this book paved the way for the creation of the DC villain, Gorilla Grodd. Just my .02.

81AF08B4-118C-4B5E-A5AF-03F4DE7771C0.jpeg

action6.jpg