• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

show us your Mile Highs (Edgar Church copies)
7 7

635 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

The seller stated that the reason he didn't send it in for grading was because CGC wouldn't grade it because of a very slight overhang. Would that still be the case now?

This was a concern with the original cases and, while it is less so now, they still have to be careful with what they'll slab as they still place the book in a plastic well with sides that are perpendicular to the floor.

@cheetah I, for one, really appreciate you posting these.  You sold me a Jungle Comics back in the day and I've always enjoyed watching your collection from the impressive set of GFCs that you put together (which I purchased a few of from Comic Connect) to the amazing sets of Fiction House and Church books.  Having said all of that, I really agree with your choice.  If I thought there was even a 5% chance that my books might get stolen and trashed, I'd divest as well.  And what you're doing down there in the jungle is as meaningful a way to spend one's time as any.  

Always glad to see your posts.  2c  (thumbsu

16 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

@cheetah I, for one, really appreciate you posting these.  You sold me a Jungle Comics back in the day and I've always enjoyed watching your collection from the impressive set of GFCs that you put together (which I purchased a few of from Comic Connect) to the amazing sets of Fiction House and Church books.  Having said all of that, I really agree with your choice.  If I thought there was even a 5% chance that my books might get stolen and trashed, I'd divest as well.  And what you're doing down there in the jungle is as meaningful a way to spend one's time as any.  

Always glad to see your posts.  2c  (thumbsu

You could not have said it better.  I took am grateful for the post, @cheetah