• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there reputable dealers to sell to?

46 posts in this topic

Consign moderns to my comic shop and be done with it.  Your time and convenience have value too.

why would any dealer want to buy your books near GPA?  How many successful businesses buy and sell individual items for 10-20% profit?

or hold a sales thread here first and see how it goes, you save in fees.

17 hours ago, revat said:

Consign moderns to my comic shop and be done with it.  Your time and convenience have value too.

why would any dealer want to buy your books near GPA?  How many successful businesses buy and sell individual items for 10-20% profit?

or hold a sales thread here first and see how it goes, you save in fees.

Uhhh... I wasn't askng for near GPA.... I was willing to let it go for 40% discount as I know they need to make a profit.... don't know where you got the 10-20% from

I get the feeling that the OP is implying that dealers that don't want to pay his asking price are not reputable. Crazy. Buying Moderns at 60% of GPA is not a successful business model. This is just a situation where the valuation of a Modern collection is facing reality. 

Edited by Bomber-Bob

15 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I get the feeling that the OP is implying that dealers that don't want to pay his asking price are not reputable. Crazy. Buying Moderns at 60% of GPA is not a successful business model. This is just a situation where the valuation of a Modern collection is facing reality. 

If that's the case, then I feel like an a**hole for being snippy..... totally my bad

4 hours ago, JLam1127 said:

If that's the case, then I feel like an a**hole for being snippy..... totally my bad

Kudos on your 'high road' response. NO problem, you are NOT an 'a**hole'. I think I just reacted to the word 'reputable' in the post title, perhaps a strong word for the question asked. I still stand by my statement that your experience is just the realities of selling Moderns. It sounds like you do indeed have some good books and I think you can sell them yourself for much higher prices. Good Luck !