Best modern covers ever
7 7

292 posts in this topic

521 posts
20 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

Im guessing you cleaned out Newbury's webstore of all available stock....?

Nah. Cleaned it out in 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,653 posts
7 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Nah. Cleaned it out in 2015.

Stop pumping the book bro lol

Let it grow organically.  That being said, it is a nice cover. I always dig Christopher's covers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
521 posts
9 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Stop pumping the book bro lol

Let it grow organically.  That being said, it is a nice cover. I always dig Christopher's covers. 

I'm not your bro sir.

What's it to you that I'm "pumping" or bringing a variant to attention that some people may not know of?

Whether to sell books? Or just to spread awareness??

I think you have way to much time in your hands there fella.

Have you even posted a book..or just here to troll 🤔

Edited by Shoomanfoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,653 posts

I just finished reading the first volume. Such a good read, the creators really need to hurry up with issue #9! 

Also I'm a massive Creepshow fan, so it just makes sense. All of Robert Hack's art is amazing. It's extremely raw and emotional. 

6c95d573264f8063462edab58bb98318.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283 posts

I've loved this since I first saw it, not a big collector but when I saw a CGC of it in store I had to have it.

 

jDa1zp9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,005 posts
17 hours ago, Sooners151 said:

I loved this cover when I first saw it.  So much so I had to hunt down the OA for it.  Artist is Mukesh Singh

 

Phorespublished.jpg

That's nice.  It's like the answer to "What if someone's biggest art influences were Barry Windsor-Smith and J. Scott Campbell?" 

Image result for barry windsor-smith colorful rainbow  Image result for j scott campbell phoenix

Edited by valiantman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
94 posts
38 minutes ago, valiantman said:

That's nice.  It's like the answer to "What if someone's biggest art influences were Barry Windsor-Smith and J. Scott Campbell?" 

Image result for barry windsor-smith colorful rainbow  Image result for j scott campbell phoenix

I'm impressed and can see it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,653 posts
2 hours ago, TYPE-R said:

Didn't see any Darwyn Cooke.

3454837-01.jpg.69076120f8271bac35b7967e1dad4eaa.jpg

MAR020376_2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg.b294c40b5f94e7370bce85e509ca98b9.jpg

Not a comic but still a cool cover.

4851223-01.thumb.jpg.a732fb9a696887e33ae481c2f10f401e.jpg

 

 

 

 

R.I.P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,602 posts
6 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

R.I.P.

I didn't realize he passed.  That's really sad.  

What is Green Arrow doing on that cover?   

Patrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,201 posts

Picked this up recently.  Really like the cover.  Recalled because she is nude in some of the panels and was too mature for Marvel.

 

 

85453774_ScreenShot2019-07-27at8_04_22AM.png.3102d17917d25d82cd7754f5939eb29a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,653 posts
2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Picked this up recently.  Really like the cover.  Recalled because she is nude in some of the panels and was too mature for Marvel.

 

 

85453774_ScreenShot2019-07-27at8_04_22AM.png.3102d17917d25d82cd7754f5939eb29a.png

Are you positive it's the nude version? There is a corrected issue that is much more common. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,201 posts
22 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Are you positive it's the nude version? There is a corrected issue that is much more common. 

Thanks for the info.... I'll check tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,335 posts
On 7/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, maidenmate91 said:

I just finished reading the first volume. Such a good read, the creators really need to hurry up with issue #9! 

Also I'm a massive Creepshow fan, so it just makes sense. All of Robert Hack's art is amazing. It's extremely raw and emotional. 

6c95d573264f8063462edab58bb98318.jpg

Still waiting on issue 11 of Afterlife with Archie..............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,201 posts
6 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Are you positive it's the nude version? There is a corrected issue that is much more common. 

You were correct.  It was the corrected issue.  Thank you for pointing that out . I mistakenly thought all of them were recalled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,653 posts
3 hours ago, deadleg said:

Still waiting on issue 11 of Afterlife with Archie..............

That is on my reading list as well. It's a shame they are more worried about the shows. There is a moment in chilling adventures of Sabrina where she crosses paths with Jughead, and had a vision of an alternate reality. One where he is a zombie, and herself as a goddess. Also in chilling adventures, Betty and Veronica are straight up witches! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
7 7