• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor #126-#177 (Stan Lee/Jack Kirby Run)

4 posts in this topic

I'd agree with Thor Annual #2 and the Tales of Asgard giant size reprint.  However, there is no 'Thor' Annual #1, with Thor's appearances at the time being in Journey Into Mystery.

The continuous Lee/Kirby run of over 80 issues begins with Journey Into Mystery #97, and one could argue that ish should be the start of the registry set.  That set would include JIM Annual #1.

Edited by namisgr

Stan and Jack didn't do JIM #s 98-100, they had Don Heck art so their continuous run began in JIM #101 - and includes the two Annuals (JIM Annual #1 and Thor Annual #2).

If we're talking about all Lee/ Kirby issues then Thor #179 should be included which was their last issue together after the one shot art by Buscema in #178 (while Kirby was drawing Silver Surfer #18).

Ignore my previous post, I was having a bout of amnesia when I wrote it!

Even though Don Heck did the art for the main Thor stories in JIM #s 98-100, Stan and Jack did the Tales of Asgard stories in those issues so I agree the continuous run is JIM #97 through to Thor #177 with #179 as a 'stand alone' final issue and then Stan and Jack also did the three Annuals; JIM Annual #1, Thor Annual #2 and Tales of Asgard #1.