• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Planet, Plastic Man & A Bunch of Pre-Code and Post-Code Horror!
2 2

29 posts in this topic

Well, I WAS on my way to the junk show this morning. Got up, it was dark and cold and guess what... Car broke down on the freeway. Thanks God for the Auto Club. So since I didn't get anything, I thought I might as well try to sell some stuff that is always stacking up. Small sale of maybe 25 books this time. Mostly pre and post code horror. Might help pay for auto bills. Anything that doesn't sell here will go to fleebay or Terry's Cal Con in Jan. I know this stuff will sell well at either place.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on more than two. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Plastic Man #12 July 1948

Great underrated title full of great stories and awsome Jack Cole art!

Got some light water staining at top of book. Slightly rolled spine. Neat 2" upper spine split. A few small tears and creases. Not too bad. Book and centerfold are snug to covers. Nice, supple interior pages

Was $40.   Now $35.

plasticman12a.jpg

plasticman12b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Planet #64 Spring 1950

Great issue and art. Awsome giant robot cover. One of those cool later issues that seem so hot lately.

Has a tiny tear and piece missing at top of spine. Top right corner has a tiny piece off. Minor writing in "L" of title. Back cover has a couple small pieces off at corner and top border of cover. Small piece of tape at bottom right edge. 1" lower spine split. A few small edge tears and creases. Light general wear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior pages are a bit yellowed but supple and clean. Solid copy that displays nicely. Did I say great cover?

Was $120.   Now $110.

planet64a.jpg

planet64b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Adventures into Terror #21 July 1953

Outstanding Everett cover. Wild Maneely bondage torture story, and other crazy, violent stuff.

Stapes are torn and spine has numerous small tears, and creases. A few long, thin corner creases. Numerous tiny edge tears and a small tear in back cover edge. Very light water stain in back cover. Book and centerfold bound well to coversNice, off white and supple interior pages.

SOLD!

advsintoterror21a.jpg

advsintoterror21b.jpg

advsintoterror21c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Adventures into Terror #21 July 1953

Outstanding Everett cover. Wild Maneely bondage torture story, and other crazy, violent stuff.

Stapes are torn and spine has numerous small tears, and creases. A few long, thin corner creases. Numerous tiny edge tears and a small tear in back cover edge. Very light water stain in back cover. Book and centerfold bound well to coversNice, off white and supple interior pages.

$45.

advsintoterror21a.jpg

advsintoterror21b.jpg

advsintoterror21c.jpg

Take

Journey into Unknown Worlds #46 June 1956

Tiny chip out of top spine. 1" upper spine split and 1-1/2" lower spine split. Small piece out of bottom left corner on back cover. A few small minor edge creases and tiny edge tears. Small arrival stamp on cover for those who like them. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

Was $35.   Now $30.

unknownworlds46a.jpg

unknownworlds46b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Marvel Tales #132 March 1955

Love this cover!

A nice, bright, clean, complete copy. Has a 3-1/2" lower right corner crease. A few light wrinkles and a very light water stain at top of cover that is most visible inside. No pieces missing, tears or other creases. Very light general wear. Tight spine with book and centerfold still snug to covers. Slightly yellowed but supple interior pages.

Was $50.   Now $45.

marveltales132a.jpg

marveltales132b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Thrills of Tomorrow #18 Dec 1954

Cool cover plus a nice Powell story inside. Some nice horror content.

Nice, flat, clean complete copy. Has a light "subscription" crease down center. a small discoloration spot at top edge. Has a neat 1-1/2" upper spine split and another neat split at bottom almost to the bottom staple. A few tiny edge tears. Book and centerfold still attached to covers. Interior pages are supple and clean.

SOLD!

thrillstomorrow18a.jpg

thrillstomorrow18b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Journey into Unknown Worlds #36 Aug 1955

Cool, "big hand" cover. Nice Flying Saucer story inside.

Small 1" upper left corner tear and very slight spine roll. No real major creases but book is overall "wrinkled". Book and centerfold still snug to covers. Nice, off white and supple interior paper.

Was $35.   Now $30.

unknownworlds36a.jpg

unknownworlds36b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Forbidden Worlds #19 July 1953

Voodoo Queen story. Some GGA and fairly decent contents for an ACG.

Upper right corner rounded. Numerous small edge tears. Book is very neatly detached from cover. Lots of minor wear but presents nicely with great color and no pieces missing. Supple interior paper.

Was $30.   Still $30...

forbiddenworlds19a.jpg

forbiddenworlds19b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Black Magic V2#4 March 1952

Awsome Simon and Kirby cover and great story!

A few small pieces of tape on spine. Right side and bottom have numerous small edge tears. Has a long 5" lower right corner crease. Centerfold tight to book. Overall general wear. Off white to white interior pages.

Was $35.   Now $30.

blackmagicv2#4a.jpg

blackmagicv2#4b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #38 Oct 1955

Nice John Severin story.

A VERY bright and glossy flat, complete copy. Has a few small chips out of cover on spine and edges. A tiny bug chew, silverfish? at bottom left corner and top on back cover. No tears or creases. Book and centerfold tight to covers. off white interior paper with no problems. Other than the obvious, a real nice copy!

Was $35.   Now $30.

unknownworlds38a.jpg

unknownworlds38b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Journey into Fear #21 Sept 1954

Cool grave robbing cover with big eyes looking down. Grusome story where man murders his brother and disolves him in acid. Lots of quicky and wild Superior stories with some GGA.

A well worn, complete copy. Both staples are torn and book is neatly detached from covers. Numerous small tears, wrinkles and bends. Spine is slightly rolled. Nice interior paper.

Was $45.   Now $40.

journeyintofear21a.jpg

journeyintofear21b.jpg

journeyintofear21c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Journey into Unknown Worlds #40 Dec 1955

Has a 1" upper spine tear. Slightly rolled spine. A long, neat 6" cover crease. Upper right corner is slightly chewed. Numerous small wrinkles. A few tiny edge tears. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice, off white supple interior paper.

Was $30.   Now $25.

unknownworlds40a.jpg

unknownworlds40b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Adventures into Darkness #6 (#2) Oct 1952

Great skeleton wedding cover. Tuska and Katz interior art. Sick pre-code stories including a man being eaten by cats!

A well worn, complete copy. Lots of spine tears. Book neatly detached from covers. Tip of top right corner missing. A couple of long creases. Lottsa wear. Nice, off white interior paper. A great filler/reader.

SOLD!

advsintodarkness6a.jpg

advsintodarkness6b.jpg

advsintodarkness6c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man