• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard stock down 48% today
1 1

60 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

MARKET CAP

4.866M

So there are 70 million or so shares outstanding? Sounds like they should do a 15:1 reverse split to get the price up over $1. It loses like half a million a year. Not sure where it has that market cap, but there is probably some IP value.

It is a shame Wizard couldn't survive. I wonder if it had more original comic content (like 15 pages devoted per issue to a comic) whether more people would have been cool shelling out $4.99 a month for it.

Edited by the blob

30 minutes ago, the blob said:

So there are 70 million or so shares outstanding? Sounds like they should do a 15:1 reverse split to get the price up over $1. It loses like half a million a year. Not sure where it has that market cap, but there is probably some IP value.

It is a shame Wizard couldn't survive. I wonder if it had more original comic content (like 15 pages devoted per issue to a comic) whether more people would have been cool shelling out $4.99 a month for it.

Isnt wizard ent inc the guys that put on Cons?

2 hours ago, the blob said:

It is already a penny stock. Can you buy the whole company for like $15k?

Paul Kessler and his firm already own most of the shares if memory serves.  What his plan is for Wizard once bankruptcy wipes out the rest of the shareholders is anyone’s guess.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Isnt wizard ent inc the guys that put on Cons?

According to their balance sheet that is not a money making proposition, but who knows, maybe they have clever accounting turning profits into losses on paper and it is a cash cow.

44 minutes ago, the blob said:

According to their balance sheet that is not a money making proposition, but who knows, maybe they have clever accounting turning profits into losses on paper and it is a cash cow.

I thought the magazine went kaput in 2011

15 minutes ago, kav said:

I dont know much about em

Conventions. I think they are trying to do the wizard mag content online, so advertising. It's funny, the mag died right before a period where new releases had a lot of speculative possibilities, lime when it started. The decade or so before it folded were not great times for new book spec. Some stuff got hot, but not like 2013 or so.

9 hours ago, nld3 said:

If Wizard Cons come to an end. I’m real glad to see Keystone Cons started this year in Philly. Wizard was getting less and less comic vendors every year. 

Other than Chicago none of them have been comic conventions for some time.

10 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Why does a company like this even have stock? They could buy up the outstanding shares they don't own for pennies and take the company private. Then they can do whatever they want.

Companies like this sell equity publicly as a way to raise money for growth, continuing operations, etc...

its just one way a business raises funds and the buyers are looking for future cash flows as their ROI. unfortunately I believe that the equity will ultimately be worthless and the company will file for bankruptcy.  Not sure if Chapter 7 or 11 though.  

WW has been burning through cash for a while. At some point, investors stop throwing good money at bad problems.