• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC sales forum. Why can't people follow the rules? Mods, please read!

54 posts in this topic

If I've left anything off, by all means, feel free to add, subtract, combine, or make suggestions. 

This is simply a brainstorming session. That's why I wanted to have so many eyes on the idea. 

2 minutes ago, newshane said:

If I've left anything off, by all means, feel free to add, subtract, combine, or make suggestions. 

This is simply a brainstorming session. That's why I wanted to have so many eyes on the idea. 

"First :takeit:in thread takes precedence

Just now, kav said:

I certainly think that's the safest way to run things, but I'm okay with allowing flexibility. Some people want to make deals in private. 

This thread should be closed for discussing politics since obviously it advocates a big government solution vs a soft-touch libertarian approach to regulation of commerce.

I'm feeling triggered.  That's a thing, right?

Thinly veiled attempts to promote bigger government must be resisted at any cost, vive la liberté !

Edited by grebal
just messing with you newshane, not a really a snowflake

7 hours ago, kav said:

7 hours ago, newshane said:

I certainly think that's the safest way to run things, but I'm okay with allowing flexibility. Some people want to make deals in private. 

Abso-Friggin-Lootly NOT 

Many people take things in private and do not want to post nor even confirm that they have purchased something.   When I do sell I go by timestamp.  Whoever takes it publicly or privately by my EST timestamp gets it.  If you cannot trust me to be honorable with a timestamp then you should not be doing business with me to begin with. 

33 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

The new boards don't have an accurate timestamp.

Sounds like another thing that needs fixed! :wishluck:

5 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

What happens if you sell during EDT? :baiting:

I think selling during Erectile Disfunction Time is a bad idea.

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Abso-Friggin-Lootly NOT 

Many people take things in private and do not want to post nor even confirm that they have purchased something.   When I do sell I go by timestamp.  Whoever takes it publicly or privately by my EST timestamp gets it.  If you cannot trust me to be honorable with a timestamp then you should not be doing business with me to begin with. 

I have had folks not allow me to take things via PM.  Ha, I told them to forget it.

I've been around long enough.  Besides, the public taking really adds no insurance at all that someone's going to pay.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:
7 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

What happens if you sell during EDT? :baiting:

I think selling during Erectile Disfunction Time is a bad idea.

Well said Mr Floppy, well said! :D

I propose a committee of 17, to be equally divided into five sub committees. Within sixty days of the establishment of the committee, the standards for choosing the sub-committee should be published for all to examine and a response period of no more than 14 days should be allowed. 

I'm open to discussing how we name the 17, although senior members should retain veto authority over any committee actions they chose to ignore. 

Lawlessness should not and must not be tolerated.

5 hours ago, newshane said:
6 hours ago, comicdonna said:

The new boards don't have an accurate timestamp.

Sounds like another thing that needs fixed! :wishluck:

There's a way around that - where the date and time of a post aren't specific, e.g. 'just now' or '5 minutes ago' you can hover your cursor over it on your PC and it will show the exact time in a pop up like so:

1647243522_justnow.PNG.a55d6501a92e39842b1b428afbb1a8d3.PNG

Only on PC though.

9 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I propose a committee of 17, to be equally divided into five sub committees. Within sixty days of the establishment of the committee, the standards for choosing the sub-committee should be published for all to examine and a response period of no more than 14 days should be allowed. 

I'm open to discussing how we name the 17, although senior members should retain veto authority over any committee actions they chose to ignore. 

Happy Birthday! :headbang:

9 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I second that motion.

Just now, lizards2 said:
10 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I second that motion.

I trod in that motion :frown:

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:
10 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I second that motion.

I trod in that motion :frown:

It puts the lotion on its skin....,